knoll

Verified User
hey,

i'm having a problem my mailserver delivers mail to :
- all local mailadresses
- to gmail.com
- to hotmail.com
but not to my isp telenet.be

many websites on my server use that isp and many clients of online shops use that isp's mailadres to receive mail from.

i really don't understand i even tryed with the firewall off without good result.

telenet.be can mail to us but when we reply on the mail it doesn't give any error and mails not come over.

just a a few lines of code from the mainlog of exim

2019-03-19 05:20:41 1h66Ez-0002Nd-Eu <= [email protected] U=diradmin P=local S=846 T="New Message: Your backups are now ready (id=1)" from <[email protected]> for [email protected]
2019-03-19 05:20:41 1h66Ez-0002Nd-Eu => [email protected] F=<[email protected]> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp S=1743 H=mx2.telenet-ops.be [195.130.132.9] X=TLSv1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:128 CV=yes C="250 2.0.0 Message accepted for delivery (pgLh1z00R1A6Rcx01gLhR9)"
2019-03-19 10:21:59 1h6AwZ-0002lV-23 <= [email protected] U=kim P=local S=11468 [email protected] T="Je bestelling bij LR Health & Beauty Systems Partnersite is ontvangen!" from <[email protected]> for [email protected]
2019-03-19 10:21:59 1h6AwZ-0002lV-23 => [email protected] F=<[email protected]> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp S=12513 H=mx1.telenet-ops.be [195.130.132.8] X=TLSv1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:128 CV=yes C="250 2.0.0 Message accepted for delivery (plMz1z0111A6Rcx01lMzPi)"
2019-03-19 10:24:32 1h6Az2-0004Xr-Ca <= [email protected] H=myip.access.telenet.be (ALEXPC) [myip] P=esmtpa A=login:[email protected] S=2846 [email protected] T="test" from <[email protected]> for [email protected]
2019-03-19 10:24:32 1h6Az2-0004Xr-Ca => [email protected] F=<[email protected]> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp S=3815 H=mx2.telenet-ops.be [195.130.132.9] X=TLSv1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:128 CV=yes C="250 2.0.0 Message accepted for delivery (plQY1z01c1A6Rcx01lQYB2)"
[root@gsi2 exim]#

i really hope anyone knows a solution

Hi

I think you have to solve/fix some of these first only guessing. ;)

https://internet.nl/mail/opelmanta.be/205969/

You can test also here https://www.mail-tester.com/

Versions of security tls ciphers and so on could also a point but then normally you see this in log files or message mail is not delivered you don't see those?

Spam filter or forward / to some other map/box from that ISP maybe set accidently by you!

Ask or try also another one using same versions and mail settings with a DA server sending mail to you.

Last edited:
Hi

I think you have to solve/fix some of these first only guessing. ;)

https://internet.nl/mail/opelmanta.be/205969/

You can test also here https://www.mail-tester.com/

Versions of security tls ciphers and so on could also a point but then normally you see this in log files or message mail is not delivered you don't see those?

Spam filter or forward / to some other map/box from that ISP maybe set accidently by you!

Ask or try also another one using same versions and mail settings with a DA server sending mail to you.
hm i'm trying to solve some things now is ist possible to send me a test mail allready on [email protected]

i will see if i read and can reply allready

ok had a score of 46 before and now 71%
but guess what i can't still send mails to telenet.be

only receive from telenet.be so not alot has improved for the problem

my outlook is getting pop3 mails from telenet.be and i don't find any mails from my server there
But when i look at webmail from telenet.be than i find all my send mails from the server in their spam folder.

I don't know why they flag my server as spammer you don't find it anywhere on block
is it possible to get higher NON Spam flags than the things i do now?

Yes, change your DNS records for mail.
Your ip is resolving to gsi2.opelmanta.be so your reverse dns records are correct.
But gsi2.opelmanta.be is not resolving to that ip address, which some mailservers don't like. You have to put in an a record for the hostname. Or check that you have gsi2.opelmanta.be in /etc/virtualhost directory.

Also, it seems you have a record of mail.gsi.opelmanta.be which should not be there, so I don't know how it got there. Mail is used for mail.domain.com and not for mail.my.hostname.com so that's also incorrect.

Edit: The rest looks ok now. Depends on which error messages you get. I could do a test with you.

Yes, change your DNS records for mail.
Your ip is resolving to gsi2.opelmanta.be so your reverse dns records are correct.
But gsi2.opelmanta.be is not resolving to that ip address, which some mailservers don't like. You have to put in an a record for the hostname. Or check that you have gsi2.opelmanta.be in /etc/virtualhost directory.

Also, it seems you have a record of mail.gsi.opelmanta.be which should not be there, so I don't know how it got there. Mail is used for mail.domain.com and not for mail.my.hostname.com so that's also incorrect.

Edit: The rest looks ok now. Depends on which error messages you get. I could do a test with you.

hey hm ok i will check that mail.gsi out i changed the dns settings for gsi2. now resolving normaly and i replyed on the mail
greets and thanks alex

Looks good here, every spam-check gives a minus like -30 and such, so that is very good. SPF and DKIM all give pass.
Only thing which give a + (instead of all other -0,1 I got from ESF) is:
Code:
1.8 LONGWORDS              Long string of long words
Maybe someone can explain what this means.

But at this moment I'm under the impression that this is purely a telenet related issue and the mail is working fine now.

this is from the mail from telenet i get them trough but with {SPAM} on them (from telenet set this way)

Return-Path: [email protected]
Received: from emile.telenet-ops.be (LHLO emile.telenet-ops.be)
(2a02:1800:120:4:0:0:f00:17) by zcsnocm114.telenet-ops.be with LMTP; Tue,
19 Mar 2019 18:22:14 +0100 (CET)
Received: from gsi2.opelmanta.be ([185.244.39.54])
by emile.telenet-ops.be with bizsmtp
id ptND1z0TG1A6Rcx01tNEQS; Tue, 19 Mar 2019 18:22:14 +0100
X-Spamcause: gggruggvucftvghtrhhoucdtuddrgedutddrieeggddutddvucetufdoteggodetrfdotffvucfrrhhofhhilhgvmecuthgvlhgvnhgvthdrsggvnecuuegrihhlohhuthemuceftddtnecuogfuphgrmhfkphfpvghtfihorhhkucdludehtddmnefjrghmjfgvrgguvghrhfhivghlugcujfgvrgguvghrucfutghorhhinhhgucdlqddutddmnecujfgurhephffvufffkfggtgfothesmhdtghepvddtvdenucfhrhhomhepfdetlhgvgicugggrnhhhvggtkhgvfdcuoegrlhgvgiesohhpvghlmhgrnhhtrgdrsggvqeenucfkphepudekhedrvdeggedrfeelrdehgedpvddufedruddukedrvddvjedrvddtieenucfrrghrrghmpehinhgvthepudekhedrvdeggedrfeelrdehgedphhgvlhhopehgshhivddrohhpvghlmhgrnhhtrgdrsggvpdhmrghilhhfrhhomheprghlvgigsehophgvlhhmrghnthgrrdgsvgdprhgtphhtthhopehknhholhhlsehtvghlvghnvghtrdgsvgenucevlhhushhtvghrufhiiigvpedt
Delivered-To: [email protected]
X-TN-Spam: YES
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=opelmanta.be; s=x; h=Content-Type:MIME-Version:Message-ID:Date:Subject:To:
From:Sender:Reply-To:Cc:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-ID:
Content-Description:Resent-Date:Resent-From:Resent-Sender:Resent-To:Resent-Cc
:Resent-Message-ID:In-Reply-To:References:List-Id:List-Help:List-Unsubscribe:
List-Subscribe:List-Post:List-Owner:List-Archive;
bh=6ld3PgFQukH6aUhBfWAfE+jnDfoOmGlums8GADhCSio=; b=DIDCL3qcW79UlhZnrVmW73wSQP
vtksVExpe7vMnx7M9NBsffAxPiRmXHvpGyXOftEiX42x7uAIFhjMD5QadhyxwYaJyF7o2ONCsH7GC
qXEDIK0Fp/6C9C6QndaE2/qP0RTd0U/9GLrKlrhK9vD4FGepJCcycL2HlpEQbI/xiou+D892RLYze
EnTYS6SigtWuma/L+SUJUdiHp8jKroEmgQgK7VJ2FDM0dYCdff7HF18CAv1eRlosFckxFT51hLvE/
BqAIDFlW6B9+wDXh0eDM942MNye6W1fohoNMbA7ANSFBaMOug1a4P/Fs87NG+9Qqk7iryDFgL1On7
ilShcmmg==;
Received: from dd576e3ce.access.telenet.be ([213.118.227.206] helo=ALEXPC)
by gsi2.opelmanta.be with esmtpa (Exim 4.92)
(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
id 1h6IRJ-0008OH-RR
for [email protected]; Tue, 19 Mar 2019 18:22:13 +0100
To: "'Alex Vanhecke'" <[email protected]>
Subject: [SPAM] testmail
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 18:22:09 +0100
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0184_01D4DE80.AA9C57E0"
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 16.0
Thread-Index: AdTeeEbVhA1e5CbYTpuri+LDUUWF5Q==
Content-Language: nl-be
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: 00000000421045E4F251EA46845FCA9558867BEA84AA4C00
X-Authenticated-Id: [email protected]

it all doesn't make sense and i don't find much about:
and X-Spamcause:

Well let's hope the DNS cleaning and updating I did makes things a little better.

I hope so anyway. Intodns also has everything green now, except for the test nameserver not responding.
Don't know why, I made some request to this ip and the nameservers and they are responding instantly so all looks fine. :)

Well let's hope the DNS cleaning and updating I did makes things a little better.

I hope so anyway. Intodns also has everything green now, except for the test nameserver not responding.
Don't know why, I made some request to this ip and the nameservers and they are responding instantly so all looks fine. :)
again thanks richard, lets hope but there is maybe hope...

klusbloopers.be mail works again (on gsi2) the one that was allready on ns1.opelmanta.be ns2.opelmanta.be again no {spam}
but for the other mail accounts i have to wait i guess :)
https://www.mail-tester.com/test-k02w0

Last edited:
Yep, sometimes the spamfilters learn. Everything is oke anyway and mailtester score is perfect!
So lets hope Telenet will do something for their customers soon! ;)

Yep, sometimes the spamfilters learn. Everything is oke anyway and mailtester score is perfect!
So lets hope Telenet will do something for their customers soon! ;)

Learning also adapting if first spam marked then have to unmark them as no spam with such filters.

If you or others don't do that those could be still as spam in the future.

So unmarking could help if enough people do this for that filter.

Yep that is a pain in the ..s while as yourself many don't go to webmail to read spambox and unmark fals positives if the mailclient is configured to neglect spam.

Therefore making failures as the testers let you see and Richard explained are not so good. ;)

If an IP is blocked and one wants to configure exim to send from a different IP, I would rather use:

https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1692

It is always possible to manually update the file to contain only:

Code:
*:11.22.33.44

Where 11.22.33.44 is a new or desired IP address.

And /etc/virtual/helo_data can be emptied.

does the ip adress needs to be added in directadmin as well? in IP Management
for that exim thing on the url to work?

its allready working in ifconfig

If an IP is blocked and one wants to configure exim to send from a different IP, I would rather use:
According to the link you gave, the domains should also be configured on that other ip correct?
At least that is what I understand of it:
for any domain created with an IP that is not the server IP.

they thing i think i must do is this:
adding to the user the second ip
than named duplicates all A records 1 record for each ip automatic done by directadmin
i'm trying it out:
[root@gsi2 exim]# dig opelhistorics.be

; <<>> DiG 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-73.el7_6 <<>> opelhistorics.be
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 20970
;; flags: qr rd ra ad; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;opelhistorics.be. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
opelhistorics.be. 14399 IN A 185.244.39.54
opelhistorics.be. 14399 IN A 185.244.39.49

;; Query time: 12 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Sat Mar 23 00:01:19 CET 2019
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 77

[root@gsi2 exim]# dig mail.opelhistorics.be

; <<>> DiG 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-73.el7_6 <<>> mail.opelhistorics.be
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 39602
;; flags: qr rd ra ad; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;mail.opelhistorics.be. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
mail.opelhistorics.be. 14399 IN A 185.244.39.49

;; Query time: 25 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Sat Mar 23 00:01:38 CET 2019
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 66

[root@gsi2 exim]#

i think this looks ok but strangly it still sends from the main ip
[root@gsi2 exim]# cat /etc/virtual/domainips
*:185.244.39.49

this is the new ip i want to use for mailserver
this was remaining blanco so i tought i may need to put the hostname of the ip inside?
[root@gsi2 exim]# cat /etc/virtual/helo_data
mailserv.opelmanta.be

is this correct because the mails are still sending from the main host ip

Back