some emails arrive a month late

Tom-

Verified User
I have a strange issue with my server (or my opencart store, not entirely sure which yet..). Every so often for the past couple of months I've noticed that some order confirmation mails sent by my opencart webshop are arriving at people's inboxes a month late.

example: someone placed an order through the shop at february 19th. I received a confirmation of this the same day at 11:35, right after the order was placed. The customer, however, received his confirmation on march 19th at exactly 11:35.
Question is.. how can I figure out why some mails are delayed like this?

I've looked at the exim queue, its just about empty.

Note: this doesn't happen with all e-mails, only some. Recipients seem to be mostly gmail addresses.

Hello,

You should check exim logs for more details and already rotated logs as well. If the recipient's server accepted the emails sent from your server immediately then the issue with further email transporting happened on a recipient's side. If emails were rejected then you will need to identify why, exim logs might show an error code and error message from a remote server.

I'm a little bit strapped for time, I've sent you a mail through your website. Hopefully you can help :)

Back