MariaDB not reading my.cnf after updates

vverloop

Verified User
MariaBD don't read my my.cnf file.

I have migrated in the past from MySQL to MariaDB.

I want to go back with DirectAdmin Custombuild plugin from MariaDB to MySQL, but this is not possible. The plugin see it as a downgrade and that is not possible.

My problem: I can't tune my MariaDB after auto updates/upgrades. Also rebuild is not possible because of "Failed to execute operation: Too many levels of symbolic links". Auto update/upgrade of MariaDB has broken my MariaDB installation.

I have a big webshop at my VPS now, where i want to tune the import of a lot of products. But tuning is impossible.

PS. I think i have to buy a new VPS and move all the websites to the new VPS.

Tuning

I want to use Mysqltuner and Percona Tools for use with Mariadb. But the my.cnf file is not used by mariadb.

Last edited:
Also memcaching with mariadb looks like it is impossible. The MySQL version 8 is great. That's why i want to go back from MariaDB to MySQL.

Always be the fastest!

MariaDB is not the best.

PS. It cost me time and time is money.

Last edited:
Do this: mysql --print-defaults

Is my.cnf working for everybody??

I get blank.

You should see your config for MariaDB. If you get blank, your customisation(tuning) is not working, maybe for years.

PS. I think a lot of people have problems.

Last edited:
You have a missing "d" in your command, that is why it's not working. Here is the correct command to use:

Code:
mysqld --print-defaults

Also make sure that your my.cnf file is in the correct location, it should be at /etc/my.cnf

By the way, I would never use MySQL, it is proprietary software. MariaDB is open source, and in my (and many others) opinion, it is much better.

Back