Thread: bandwith / disk quota notification emails

bandwith / disk quota notification emails

We're trying to customize the emails users receive when (almost) exceeding the bandwith / disk quota limit for their account by using a custom template, the ones with a subject like:

User xxx has used up xxx% of their bandwidth and xxx% of their allocated disk space

- How can we manually generate these emails being sent out to test this? We've tried exceeding a users disk quota and running the Directadmin tally cron job manually but this doesn't seem to work.
    - Is it possible to change the the bandwith usage / disk usage percentage threshold after which these mails are sent?

Hello,

It is user_warning_thresh_disk=95

- user_warning_thresh_disk variable for disk usage warning

Reset:

Code:
    sentwarning_bandwidth=no
    sentwarning_inode=no
    sentwarning_quota=no
    in user.conf per needs for testing purposes to let new emails to be sent.

https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2063
    Regards, Alex G.

- You can hire me on www.poralix.com to work on your server
    - Follow and like @Poralix on Facebook

Thanks for the response. Regarding the second issue, should setting the 'sentwarning_quota=no' for a user exceeding his disk quota and running the tally generate a new warning email? Because this doesn't seem to be the case when testing. After running the tally, the 'sentwarning_quota' value is set to 'yes', but no email is being sent out.

I've provided links to the official DA pages. I don't use the features for myself and don't customize them currently.

Some time earlier I wrote a custom plugin to send warnings/alerts every day with cron, and it does not rely on the variables at all. The plugin is not available in public either for free or for a fee. There is no English support in it yet. If you might have interest in it, kindly drop me a message either through the site (not forums) in my signature or in Facebook.

If you are 100% sure the variables are not working on your server kindly consider opening a ticket with Directadmin support: https://tickets.directadmin.com
    Regards, Alex G.

- You can hire me on www.poralix.com to work on your server
    - Follow and like @Poralix on Facebook

I guess it's related to https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2323 (already fixed in DA 1.56.1).
    Martynas Bendorius
    MB Martynas IT. Professional server management company. Official DirectAdmin, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed and Comodo partners.

Tested and working in DA 1.56.1. Thanks!