setup.sh New installs

LawsHosting

Verified User
Although improved, I had some issues.

1. The setup asked what software is to be installed, except for MySQL/MariaDB. I understand MariaDB is the default for many OS (using Debian 9), and it is fairly easy to switch afterwards, but it's tedious;

2. letsencrypt.sh wasn't in the scripts directory. Is this by design until you set it in directadmin.conf, and use build?;

3. I opted not to install exim & dovecot at setup, it didn't install 'vm-pop3d', but it did get added to the services.status file.

mostly agree...

Although improved, I had some issues.

1. The setup asked what software is to be installed, except for MySQL/MariaDB. I understand MariaDB is the default for many OS (using Debian 9), and it is fairly easy to switch afterwards, but it's tedious;

2. letsencrypt.sh wasn't in the scripts directory. Is this by design until you set it in directadmin.conf, and use build?;

3. I opted not to install exim & dovecot at setup, it didn't install 'vm-pop3d', but it did get added to the services.status file.

1 --> I think you may be able to control this with options.conf
2 --> I think yes, it is by design
3 --> Using options.conf I also don't install dovecot and agree it'd be nice if that meant vmpop3d was automagically OFF in services.status

Back