Thread: License ip connection problems with DA license and openstack floating ip's

Smile License ip connection problems with DA license and openstack floating ip's

The license structur Directadmin makes this difficult or impossible!

https://www.cloudvps.com/blog/cloudv...dmin-openstack
    You must choose a direct-attached IP address from the ‘net-public’ network. Due to licensing, DirectAdmin will not work with a floating IP or an internal network.
    where with floating IP it is and more flexible but also better possible to have "kind of reserve" the same ip even if temp you decide to delete a openstack instance, and launch it later from a volume ( snapshot image)

And so more flexibility and so on with ( floating) IP's and open stack.

Is there a kind of workarround, or something planned as a kind of license key and a "connect table" asuring the use of legal licenses only one ... ?

Maybe i'm wrong but it seems missing some flexibility here that could be handy though . ?
    DUTCH GERMAN, GERMAN DUTCH

Hello,

Check this: https://directadmin.com/lan.html

I believe your network interface has an internal IP, and a public IP from which it connects to the world. So if the public IP is fixed and does not change constantly with any logic, then there should not be any issue at all.
    Regards, Alex G.

- You can hire me on www.poralix.com to work on your server
    - Follow and like @Poralix on Facebook

Thanks i shall give this info to openstack cloudvps support then.
    DUTCH GERMAN, GERMAN DUTCH