Your license OS (CentOS 6) does not match the OS installed (CentOS 7).

rnbwkat

Verified User
Why am I getting this error when I did a clean install of CentOS 7 on 2 servers. One works flawlessly, and one shows this error when I do ./build versions?

Thanks
Kat

Please change CentOS6 to CentOS7 in the license which is used for the server which is showing this warning :) That should solve the issue (after getLicense.sh). Thank you!

1 - I can't - these are grandfathered licenses through my CoLo company and I have tried to "login" before and it does not allow me.
2 - it does not explain why this only happened on 1 out of 3 servers that were all updated the exact same way :-(

K

I do have root as these are my servers, i.e. CoLo installed. Thanks. I did that, it still throws the error message, and all the versions are correct for the plugins/utils, so I am not really sure this message means much. I was worried it might cause it to stop working. And yet the value remains CentOS 6 on my 2 other servers, identical in configuration and the ./build versions does NOT throw this error, so go figure...

Thanks for the help - although no one at DirectAdmin has responded with anything that explains this or what it even does. That disappoints me. I may not have licensed this directly, because it was included in my CoLo package years ago, but it should be honored with support of some kind. I promote DA all over the place to people looking for a great Panel, to replace Plesk, cPanel and others, so it is not like I don't love the package. Oh well, it is what it is. :-(

What do you see with?

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin c | grep os_override

It's expected to show os_override=ES%207.0%2064 for CentOS 7. It does not update your license yet.

Then you need to update a license in Directadmin interface at Admin level.

That was the trick - the automated update had not occurred. Once I did a manual license update, the error has gone away.
Thanks
K

I also met the same problem: Your license OS(CentOS 6) does not match the OS installe

I also met the same problem, and I have tried everything posted above, still FAILED!

Can somebody help?
I am a new-bie for directadmin

Thank you.

I've got two owned DA licenses and two internal DA licenses bought from my hosting company. I asked the hosting company to change the OS from Centos 7 to Centos 8. I can do that myself off course with my owned licenses.

Now I'm not sure if the hosting company set the right license to Centos 8. (the other server should stay with Centos7 for a little while longer)
How to check from command line what license is set with DA in https://www.directadmin.com/clients/license.php?lid=

I know the License ID and Client ID.

I've got two owned DA licenses and two internal DA licenses bought from my hosting company. I asked the hosting company to change the OS from Centos 7 to Centos 8. I can do that myself off course with my owned licenses.

Now I'm not sure if the hosting company set the right license to Centos 8. (the other server should stay with Centos7 for a little while longer)
How to check from command line what license is set with DA in https://www.directadmin.com/clients/license.php?lid=

I know the License ID and Client ID.

When you get your binaries updated (use DA manual update commands), /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin o should show it on the first line :)

Thanks for your reply, however I don't think that gives me what I want. I can find that in admin/license?redirect=yes too.
The below tells me what is used now. Before I reinstall my server with Centos 8, I want to know if my hosting company has set the OS version wright in DA/clients/license.php.

Code:
[root@ ~]# /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin o
Compiled on 'CentOS 7.0 64-Bit'
Compile time: Feb 27 2020 at 11:17:09
Timestamp: '1582827364'
Compiled with IPv6
gettext support: no
It just does not tell me what is set https://www.directadmin.com/clients/license.php?lid= here.

I have this issue with a machine that had incorrectly listed centos 6 instead of 8.

I have updated the license, did a getlicense and a restart of DA.

also did the overide to the ES 8.0 line above but when i try to update DA i get this error:

This is an automated message notifying you that an error has occurred while trying to update the software.
v1.63.5 (31a591d) to v1.63.8 (1487dff)

The generated error message is as follows:

https://download.directadmin.com/di...685feb2ca851996f48c2faa6d5_rhel6_amd64.tar.gz: 403 Forbidden

Please contact JBMC-Software, including the error message. Failure to do so could result in an inactive control panel.

Back