mod_lsapi for apache without CL -- like cPanel's ea-apache24-mod_lsapi

aaronmax

Verified User
Hi, noticed that cPanel has announced availability for a 'light' version of mod_lsapi for use without CloudLinux (ea-apache24-mod_lsapi)... is it possible to get something like this for DirectAdmin??!?

Hopefully this is in the cards for DA as well :)

mod_lsapi

I didn't realize you needed cloudlinux. I thought you only needed litespeed and php.

this is different -- mod_lsapi is an apache module so that lsapi can be used without LiteSpeed

currently, it seems only ways to get mod_lsapi are:
1) use CloudLinux (without LiteSpeed)
and, now also evidently,
2) use cPanel (without CloudLinux and without LiteSpeed)

Hi all,

I would love to see this implemented as well. Perhaps we could move this to the Feature Requests section? Per CloudLinux:
Mod_lsapi is the fastest and most reliable way to serve PHP pages. It is a drop-in replacement for SuPHP, FCGID, RUID2, and ITK. It has a low memory footprint and understands PHP directives from .htaccess files. Mod_Isapi:

Is faster than any other way to serve PHP with Apache.
Doesn't suffer from stability issues in process management like PHP FPM and mod_fcgid.
Includes the full benefits of opcode caching.
Is compatible with MPM Worker and Event.
Does not require tuning.
Includes support for PHP directives in .htaccess files.
Is a drop-in replacement for existing ways to serve PHP.
Is fully compatible with PHP Selector.

+1 for the request.

Would be great to have a lite version for apache with DirectAdmin.

mod_lsapi is developing cloudlinux.

This support is provided by special agreements between cpanel and cloudlinux. If a similar agreement is made with Directadmin, mod_lsapi will be supported without cloudlinux.

But you can use openlitespeed instead of mod_lsapi, openlitespeed has more performance than mod_lsapi. There are only some restrictions on the connection limit and htaccess cache.

Back