Apache points to the wrong document root (I think)

darkus

Verified User
Just installed a fresh install of DA, off the bat I get "Apache is functioning normally" message, and after alot of investigation I figured out that its serving documents from /var/www/html instead of the usual DA norm of /home/admin/domains/domain.com/public_html

Ive rebuilt apache and php and did rewrite_confs stuff, but still the same result

Ive also tried following this guide (https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=242), and it seems everything is correct

Any ideas what is going on??

One tricky thing is that this server has the same domain.com name as another server i'm running, but i point only a subdomain to this server (its basicly going to be a single subdomain running on the entire server), so the 'domain' name of the server is the same as my old server, but the public DNS points only the single subdomain to this server, and that seems to be working just fine

Thanks!

I'd suggest creating a ticket at tickets.directadmin.com. Most common issue - domain pointing to another IP than configured in DA.

Thank you, I solved it by simply adding my subdomain.domain.com server name to the list of virtual hosts and it seems to suddenly work nicely

Hello,

Web-content for hostname, or server name is always placed under /var/www/html/

It is not a recommended way to add a
servername under user account in Directadmin. If you really need to do it, then you might consider change servername to something else different.

Hello,

Web-content for hostname, or server name is always placed under /var/www/html/

It is not a recommended way to add a
servername under user account in Directadmin. If you really need to do it, then you might consider change servername to something else different.

You are right, that was the root of my problem. Fixed it by making a new subdomain pointer that points to my hostname and everything is smooth now

Back