Lets encrypt with multiple servers?

darkus

Verified User
I have LE working successfully on Server A with my domain.com and several subdomains.domain.com

Ive now got a new Server B which is exclusily hosting subdomainX.domain.com

I want to secure that with LE as well, was wondering if this will work using the stock DA LE tools? I dont want to just try it before consoluting with you guys first, for fear of ruining my certtificates which are all successfuly working on Server A right now

My big fear is that in the LE cert process, it tries to add the room domain.com to the cert and I dont want the root domain.com moved to Server B, only subdomainx.domain.com

Do you guys think this is possible, or do I have to go some custom route outside of DA?

Thanks!!

Hello,

Separate certificates can be issued for sub-domains, you don't need to move your "root" domain. So it's OK to request a separate certificate for subdomainX.domain.com.

Hello,

Separate certificates can be issued for sub-domains, you don't need to move your "root" domain. So it's OK to request a separate certificate for subdomainX.domain.com.

Thank you! Worked like a charm, simply unselected my root domain and only had the "subdomain" (domain pointer) selected and worked perfectly. Will see in 30 days if the renweal works too.... :)

Back