Can't delete a TXT record from DNS Management

glio

Verified User
Because Let's Encrypt wild card auto renew function is never work for me, and I need to add txt record to finish my wild card verification to get a new ssl cert.

I have delete try to delete a tet record form DNS Management many times, and I was add a txt :
"_acme-challenge.domain.net" 1 TXT "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

however after I add this record, I can't delete this from "DNS Management"

Please help me and tell me how can I delete it?

P.S:I have root account

Many Thanks

Last edited:
What’s the error you get when trying to remove?

Thank you for you help, but I got no error with remove, it just like click and reload that page, but I was test it to add another txt and remove, after I click delete that new txt was remove, just can't delete the formart with"" like:
"_acme-challenge.domain.net" 1 TXT "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
Snap2.jpg

I think that is a format's bug, and this format was wrong, but I can't delete it

I seem system was added this kind of format and that was work:
_acme-challenge.domain.net. 1 TXT "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

attachment.php

Thanks

Last edited:
You might try to remove the records from /var/named/domain.com.db file directly if you need a quick fix.

p.s. there is no need to hide right-value of a TXT record, it's public in DNS already. And even if you publish it here, it is almost to impossible to find out your domain name by this record.

You might try to remove the records from /var/named/domain.com.db file directly if you need a quick fix.

p.s. there is no need to hide right-value of a TXT record, it's public in DNS already. And even if you publish it here, it is almost to impossible to find out your domain name by this record.

Thanks, I was try it, but I will got Error: Could not write domain's db file in /var/named after I changed.

Thanks again

Thank you so much, Its work now.

Last edited:
Back