Odd FTP backup error on 1 user

Richard G

Verified User
Since a relevantly short time (a wee or 2 or 3) a weekly automatic reseller backup is giving an error:

Every week I create an automatic backup for 2 customers and my own reseller account to my NAS. Now I know my NAS needs some seconds to start up from hybernating mode but that was never an issue.
The odd thing is that both users are back upped correctly but only my own account is giving an error:
Code:
User customer1 has been backed up. <3:10:15>
User company has been backed up. <3:27:31>
ftp_upload.php exit code: 3
ftp_upload.php output: Could not read reply from control connection -- timed out.
ncftpput /da_temp/company.22419/company.tar.gz: could not send file to remote host.
ncftpput return code: 3
<5:23:10>
User customer2 has been backed up. <5:23:21>

Although a backup error has occurred, the upload of valid backups would have still been attempted to ftp://my.homeip.com/backup <5:23:27>

So today I had enough of it and had a look at the directadmin error.log file which contained this string:
Code:
2019:06:03-05:23:10: uploadFtpFiles('company.tar.gz', , /da_temp/company.22419, diradmin) failed (is_missing_user_ok=0)[/quote]

So it seems my account is missing a "user_ok=0" string while this seems not the case with both customers which are made in the same backup job created from DA.

It seems to work later, because if I go and check my backup directory on my NAS, it contains the backup of today like the other 2 accounts.

What could be going wrong here?

ncftpput return code: 3
In my case it was fixed automatically by updating Directadmin.
Directadmin changed ncftpput to curl for transferring the backups.
I hada curl error once, and since then every backup is running without issues.

So if update to the newest Directadmin version, there should not be any ncftpput errors anymore.

Back