'Icons Grid' layout

1.57.3 includes "icons grid" layout. Please note it's going to receive improvements for sure. To bring the latest version:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins
mkdir -p evolution
cd evolution
wget -O evolution.tar.gz https://demo.directadmin.com/download/evolution.tar.gz
tar xvzf evolution.tar.gz
cd ..
chown -R diradmin:diradmin evolution

It includes:
Code:
* duplicate items from different reseller levels are now removed on merge
* fix & speed-up merging strategy

If you notice any bugs/issues, you could just follow https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=29 to get it downgraded to the version which comes with latest stable version of DirectAdmin. Still waiting for the feedback! Even from those who already posted (if you've changed your mind on something, or have something else to say). Thank you! :)

Hi,
we used DA version 1.57.3

in this version, i used evolution skin with Icon Grid Layout. And when i refresh the page, every page, it will get back to default Standar Layout.

thanks

Slow File Manager

Hi,

Great work with the layout!
I noticed the File Manager is unresponsive on Chrome/Firefox and is taking forever to load not only on the Grid layout but on the standard layout as well.
Other pages are also slow but only occasionally and not too often.
I think it has something to do with the js framework used, maybe some optimization is possible?

Regards.

Hi,

Great work with the layout!
I noticed the File Manager is unresponsive on Chrome/Firefox and is taking forever to load not only on the Grid layout but on the standard layout as well.
Other pages are also slow but only occasionally and not too often.
I think it has something to do with the js framework used, maybe some optimization is possible?

Regards.

Are you sure you're using latest version of it? Thank you.

@kevinlevin, Is it a very large account with very many files? If so try to add the following to /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf:

Code:
filemanager_du=0

Then restart DirectAdmin and test if it helps. If not just removed the line and restart DirectAdmin again. More information about the feature here: https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=678

@smtalk fantastic job! I'm so excited to see all the new changes and everything you guys are doing as of late. My old time users that hated everything but the enhanced theme are raving over evolution. That is no small feat.

Bravo!!!!

Fantastic job for icon grid. A question. How to change plugin icon? We had Cloudlinux PHP Selector installed and the icon is automatically using
Code:
assets/img/icons.svg#plugin-icon
and there is no menu to change icon from DirectAdmin reseller > customize evolution skin

Thank you.

Does someone know where to search information about making a child theme ?

Fantastic job for icon grid. A question. How to change plugin icon? We had Cloudlinux PHP Selector installed and the icon is automatically using
Code:
assets/img/icons.svg#plugin-icon
and there is no menu to change icon from DirectAdmin reseller > customize evolution skin

Thank you.

If you use DA pre-release, you can do it this way, or just ask CloudLinux to place the icon to their package :) https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2413

Does someone know where to search information about making a child theme ?

Let me explains what I mean by child theme

Our dev modified evolution - icon grid last week (app.css and app.js) after the last update modified app.js is braking the panel (it do not load)

we want to update with newer version and keep the changes if that is possible (as it is with wordpress child themes where you just add changes to additional folder ... and they reapply to the the updated main theme ...

As applying them manually after every evolution update will be not practical

Let me explains what I mean by child theme

Our dev modified evolution - icon grid last week (app.css and app.js) after the last update modified app.js is braking the panel (it do not load)

we want to update with newer version and keep the changes if that is possible (as it is with wordpress child themes where you just add changes to additional folder ... and they reapply to the the updated main theme ...

As applying them manually after every evolution update will be not practical

Sub-theming will be available really soon :) Please note 'external' css is already supported in Customize Evolution Skin.

What's your browser? Is it the same if you try any other?

Im using Chrome.
i tested with firefox and same result.

I have 2 server. this is old one. ( Setuped before Evolution publish ) also show "RC" on the skin list for this skin.
My New server does not have this problem.

I would suggest opening a support ticket. It must be something simple :)

Back