'Icons Grid' layout

Hello,

Due to many requests to see how our new 'icons grid' layout for the Evolution skin might look like, we're announcing a fully working skin on this, bundled with DirectAdmin 1.57.3. We are really looking forward to hear your feedback/recommendations on this.

Screenshot:
icons_grid.png

Thank you!

Hello smtalk,

how do i set icons grid layout for new accounts? http://prntscr.com/oovr2o

regards.

"Customize Evolution Skin" under reseller level :)

Oh thanks smtalk :) but i want to apply in all reseller accounts. (only reseller main accounts)

example;

admin (main administrator)
- reseller1 (main reseller account)
- reseller2 (main reseller account)

i want

admin account -> skin manager -> reseller skin set : icons grid and change forbidden

so reseller can't change skin and skin fixed...

I want to do this from the admin account.

Is this possible?

Oh thanks smtalk :) but i want to apply in all reseller accounts. (only reseller main accounts)

example;

admin (main administrator)
- reseller1 (main reseller account)
- reseller2 (main reseller account)

i want

admin account -> skin manager -> reseller skin set : icons grid and change forbidden

so reseller can't change skin and skin fixed...

I want to do this from the admin account.

Is this possible?

It's still the same place :) "Reseller level" -> "Customize Evolution Skin". It applies to all resellers, if you own them. To prevent resellers from branding it on their own reseller-level: https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2201.

It's still the same place :) "Reseller level" -> "Customize Evolution Skin". It applies to all resellers, if you own them. To prevent resellers from branding it on their own reseller-level: https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2201.

Im trying to get this working and dont seem to be winning.

Whilst logged in as admin, I have gone to
Access Level > Reseller
Customize Evolution Skin > Misc Options
Upload Logo > save
Under Sidebar Layout Settings
Upload logo > save

Using a different browser, log in as the reseller and I see the directadmin log and not the logo I updated.
Am I missing something?

Additionally, setting the option Forbid users changing the skin layout on user level to checked doesnt have any affect.
The reseller is still able to change the skin layout.

Im using the theme that was installed with DA (new install, performed yesterday).

What I am trying to achieve is this :
Reseller logs in and sees our branding, but is able to customize the look and feel for their own clients.

How to set Icon Grid as default view for old user and new user?

Additionally, setting the option Forbid users changing the skin layout on user level to checked doesnt have any affect.
The reseller is still able to change the skin layout.

It does what it's expected to, forbids users to change it in "skin options". If you want to forbid resellers, not user to make any customizations, please follow https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2201, it's as simple as:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin set reseller_can_customize_config_json 0 restart

That's it :) Regarding saved logo not showing - a ticket on this would be great, as I was unable to reproduce it.

Thank you!

Hi. New to the forum but not new to DA.

The icon grid looks incredible and will certainly aid those moving from cpanel to DA. I've had Evolution since about February but decided to stick with Enhanced as I found it faster, but the new icon grid layout has changed my perceptions.
My question is how do you set the icon grid as default for all users? I've set Eveolution as the default and clicked on the cog icon to edit the skin. The only option I have in Reseller level>>skin manager is to upload a new logo. I can't set the icon grid for all users as default. Is it possible to do? If so, how do I do it?

How to set Icon Grid as default view for old user and new user?

I worked this out today.

1. Set your own skin as Evolution first (admin level).
2. Go back to the skin manager while in Evolution and you'll now get the options with a dropdown to set the icon grid as default for Evolution
3. Go to user packages and edit the packages to use Evolution skin

Please add more skin based on Icon Grid with Boxed version(No Scroll) and some other option or customization whichever you like. (We already have one browser scroll and one scroll inside theme)

Please add more skin based on Icon Grid with Boxed version(No Scroll) and some other option or customization whichever you like. (We already have one browser scroll and one scroll inside theme)

Agree with this request.

Hoping there will be developments soon to lighter designs.

Getting a tad confused if someone could shed some light.

Created a reseller account - Logged in as that reseller account they have the default layout to "Icons Grid" and Theme: Traditional Grid theme.

Created a user under that reseller account and set them to "Evolution"

Logged in as that user and they have the icons grid layout but the all white version. I want them to have the blue top bar version - How do I set that? As I can't find the correct way of applying that. The reseller has the correct skin but the user on that reseller account doesn't.

--

Ps. Is there a way to force this specific skin type and mode regardless? So I don't have to keep messing with it. So any new accounts has this regardless.

Last edited:
Getting a tad confused if someone could shed some light.

Created a reseller account - Logged in as that reseller account they have the default layout to "Icons Grid" and Theme: Traditional Grid theme.

Created a user under that reseller account and set them to "Evolution"

Logged in as that user and they have the icons grid layout but the all white version. I want them to have the blue top bar version - How do I set that? As I can't find the correct way of applying that. The reseller has the correct skin but the user on that reseller account doesn't.

--

Ps. Is there a way to force this specific skin type and mode regardless? So I don't have to keep messing with it. So any new accounts has this regardless.

I have exact same query.
In admin > Skin > I set Icon Grid and Traditional Layout for all the users and set as global but it doesn't make any different. Some users see different skin and some different.

I wish to set everybody to Evolution > Icon Grid > Traditional Grid Theme but I am not able to do this for every reseller and user. Any ideas from team please?

Its late and I know I am missing something obvious. Where would I go to test out this skin as it looks pretty close to what I am looking for.

Dude, you're doing such a great job. Top notch.

Just wanted to draw your attention to how popular icons are these days and having choice would be a nice idea.

More wanted to thank you though really!

Kind regards

Last edited:
It seems to be coming to the next release of Softaculous :) Their support might have better ETA for this.
Is there any update on this? I have forced my users to icon layout and its seems they can't find softaculous.

Is there any update on this? I have forced my users to icon layout and its seems they can't find softaculous.
sorry found that under Extra Features. The icons are so dull. I don't like these vintage style icons. Do you we have any modern icon pack?

Back