'Icons Grid' layout

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Due to many requests to see how our new 'icons grid' layout for the Evolution skin might look like, we're announcing a fully working skin on this, bundled with DirectAdmin 1.57.3. We are really looking forward to hear your feedback/recommendations on this.

Screenshot:
icons_grid.png

Thank you!

Last edited:
Looks great so far!

I think one area of improvement would be turning the menu from the main page (the icons) into a bar or dropdown or something somewhere within the page when you're within one of the pages so you don't have to go back to the home page to get from say, email accounts to SSH keys.

This is already there, top right corner, unless you’re looking for something else? :) In addition to this - global search bar is there to navigate through pages too.

Softaculous needs to be in the front of customer and showing on home-page.

instead of showing as an icon it must be shown to the customer as well.

Like this if possible.

http://prntscr.com/o8wewz

Thanks for your great work Martynas!

2 suggestions:

- It would be great if installed applications in installatron/softaculous could be shown on the main page, just as in the enhanced theme.
- It's not possible to set this design as default in the reseller area for all users, only the other 2 options are available.

Currently plugins can have 'widgets', that would be seen on the right side, not sure if Softaculous has one. If there is any demand for a 'hook' directly in the icons grid for embedded HTML (it wouldn't be seen on the other layouts, as other layouts have widgets as the main content), I guess it's doable, if plugin developers are going to use it :) However, integration with translations wouldn't be as fluent I think. We fully support native translation method for widgets/plugins (you change language in the skin, and, if widget/plugin supports that - it changes the displayed language too).

- It's not possible to set this design as default in the reseller area for all users, only the other 2 options are available.

Are you sure you've updated the skin using the instructions? It should be there, unless we've missed something.

Please try latest version now for that @ViAdCk.

Some people don't like the 'vintage' style of icons, some say they're awesome! What's your personal opinion? Do we need to provide a second set of 'icons', and let select 'modern' style, or it looks fine for you, and we should just provide an official to replace the icons to any custom ones?

Thank you!

Some people don't like the 'vintage' style of icons, some say they're awesome! What's your personal opinion? Do we need to provide a second set of 'icons', and let select 'modern' style, or it looks fine for you, and we should just provide an official to replace the icons to any custom ones?

Thank you!

Hi there, just wanted to say thank you for the skin. We're getting ready to switch over to DirectAdmin due to the recent drama and I really appreciate something like this. Anything we can do to minimize the drama with clients is great. I think it looks nice and clean, but the two different icon sets wouldn't be a bad option for others.

Thank you!

Fixed :)

I think the icons are quite nice. Probably most users coming over from cpanel want icons that look as much as possible, but I suppose the cpanel icons are proprietary.

For all of those who commented the UI of DA, we really HEAR you, I'm going to post something awesome here shortly (for those who found "access levels" confusing), stay tuned! :) A matter of minutes... Thank you for the all the feedback!

And we're really worried that some on you don't like the 'vintage' (new trend) style icons. We haven't decided what to do with this yet, but we're waiting for more feedback (positive as well, otherwise we won't know if most of you dislike it, or not) :) THANKS!

And.. here we go, "Merge Access Levels" is available in "skin options" and "customize evolution theme" for "icons grid" layout, same commands to update the skin :) Even if we prefer the 'access level' navigation, we have an option for those who find it confusing. Waiting for feedback as well!

It's looking very nice, I like it. No need to switch between access level any more ;)

Great work! Can't believe all this development in a matter of hours.....:cool:

Thank You

about some option

it's really awesome which you makes. i really apriciate it. but if possible you can add this also

1. icons grid left portion and right information portion almost showing same to same.. if you can do it like 80% left side and 20% right side it will better.

2. It would be great if installed applications in installatron/softaculous could be shown on the main page.

3. grid option showing like scrolling . if without scroll it can be show then look more good.

4. most important i think you forget to give eye on mobile version. in my mobile not showing any icon. please give eye also for responsive.

thanks a lot

Hello,

Due to many requests to see how our new 'icons grid' layout for the Evolution skin might look like, we're announcing a fully working skin on this. Please note that it's the first iteration, and we'll be improving it for sure (for example, 'sticky' footer part is likely to be gone). We are really looking forward to hear your feedback/recommendations on this.

Update instructions (it'll update just the skin, so that you could find "Icons Grid" layout option in "Hello, user" -> "Skin options", and globally in "Customize Evolution theme" on reseller level):
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins
mkdir -p evolution
cd evolution
wget -O evolution.tar.gz https://demo.directadmin.com/download/evolution.tar.gz
tar xvzf evolution.tar.gz
cd ..
chown -R diradmin:diradmin evolution

If you notice any bugs/issues or you'd just like to downgrade until 'final' design variant of 'icons grid' is there, you could just follow https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=29 to get it downgraded to the version which comes with latest stable version of DirectAdmin.

Screenshot of current version:
icons_grid.png

Thank you!

it's really awesome which you makes. i really apriciate it. but if possible you can add this also

1. icons grid left portion and right information portion almost showing same to same.. if you can do it like 80% left side and 20% right side it will better.

2. It would be great if installed applications in installatron/softaculous could be shown on the main page.

3. grid option showing like scrolling . if without scroll it can be show then look more good.

4. most important i think you forget to give eye on mobile version. in my mobile not showing any icon. please give eye also for responsive.

thanks a lot

Do you mean icons are not shown when you click the top right button?

Back