Pricing changes/updates as of July 1, 2019 (No, we aren't raising our prices)

In the context of learning everything on frontend/backend of DirectAdmin installs in general, will a 'Lite' license be able to do that or would some features differ/be absent in 'Lite' that I wouldn't be able to learn and experience in non-Lite version ? Just trying to decide on which license I'd need to setup a test DirectAdmin instance to learn the ropes :)

cheers

George

We are still working on the specs of Lite, but I am hoping it will be fully featured. The main limit would just be the amount of accounts/users that it can have.

DanielP, you understood it perfectly! Thank you

Thank you too

On other forums some people are asking can we have a price guarantee" to the $ 99/year updates. I know that there is not place on the site to make it symmetrical but that should be cleared if it is available or not

"Internal Lifetime License Creation Limit: 0 remaining"

Is it possible to increase? until 1 Sept 2019

You are saying that lifetime licenses will be unaffected, just the extra $99.

But, you say that new internal lifetime licenses WILL be removed on September, correct?

You are saying that lifetime licenses will be unaffected, just the extra $99.

But, you say that new internal lifetime licenses WILL be removed on September, correct?

External lifetime license $299 will still there with optional upgrade $99
internal lifetime license removed on September

CMIIW

Here how i understand how it is written

New orders for internal lifetime licenses will be removed from September 1 st All already purchased internal and external lifetime licenses will remain lifetime licenses (with the old terms)

Internal lifetime is NA to the new customers such as me ...

I truly support this price increase! This will only make the panel stronger and these are realistic pricing too!

Actually they did not increase anything. Only remove "Onetime internal license" and added a optional upgrade/support fees for External Ontime License.

I think removing onetime license is good for quick development of DirectAdmin.

We want to see DA on #1 in most used, popular hosting control panel. :cool:

Oke so existing lifetime licenses will update forever, also after september 1st. Same for newly bought lifetime licenses bought before september 1st by old lifetime license customers.
And all license bougt after september 1st will have the update fee. And licenses bought by new customers before september 1st too.
Correct, right?

But my second question is not answered yet. License are not getting pushed anymore it said.
2.) So we can't sell any license anymore? Is that effective immediately? Or also per september 1st?

I think that's why Mark and the gang need to rename it from Lifetime to Owned so you own the license and if you wish to upgrade / get support you'll need to pay a yearly fee, because everyone is getting confused.

Indeed the Lifetime should be renamed to Owned as suggested, nevertheless the New pricing on Lifetime/owned is reasonable with option for $99/yr for updates should one choose to.
Mark & the Team maintained the $299/lifetime license for a very long time and its not economically sustainable as Mark mentioned. Even cPanel got rid of their Lifetime/Owned license
while back and allows an annual renewal for updates. So fair that they change the license structure to handle increase demand in DA license with recent cPanel fiasco so DA Team
can increase development on its panel.

I am glad to see that DA grandfathered their older loyal license holders something cPanel ignored. DA is a great panel for the set price. I certainly would like to see DA grow and have
more footprint in the Hosting environment. I think that is the direction DA is headed with new price structure. personally have been very pleased with DA for the 12+ years I have been
using.

Mine shows the same as well, so that would be a great clarification!

The announcement does state that we are giving hosts time to adapt, but we are throttling new orders to ensure no mass/hoarding quantities. But it's possible something went wrong.. Our system looks at your last year history and sets a limit. If your account has been dormant for a long time, that would explain it. But feel free to open a ticket so I can take a look personally:confused:

By the way, thanks for the suggestions. We are changing the name of the new $299 license to Owned. We were in a mad rush and didn't think it through.

Our new $299 has the same name and terminology as the old one. That is very confusing.

About selling licenses... I asked 2 times but is not answered yet.
Is it correct that selling licenses (so pushing to other accounts or any other way of selling/buying) is effective immediatly? Or per september 1st?

About selling licenses... I asked 2 times but is not answered yet.
Is it correct that selling licenses (so pushing to other accounts or any other way of selling/buying) is effective immediately? Or per september 1st?

We are no longer pushing/moving licenses between accounts, especially after several of our customers have been scammed by people selling licenses from hacked accounts. License portability/reselling is never something we offered as a feature so we need to crack down on this a little better.

I would say...

I read it as Effective Immediately.

But hey Mark wrote that whole thing on like 4 hours of sleep.. I would just email him.

BTW I need to visit up your way... the NL looks nice..

Moving/pushing is stopped permanently for everybody as of right away. It's not just about preventing a legacy license black market. We had problems even before this announcement, mostly relating to fraud. Accounts were hacked (e.g. weak passwords) and the "seller" made money. The buyer then discovered he was hacked and demanded his licenses back. The buyer wondered where his new licenses went, it seems they vanished. Buyer demands we compensate him, even though the thief got the money.. etc etc.

The other scam was buying a legitimate license, selling it legit, and then doing a credit card charge-back. All we did was help a thief get free money, and the new innocent buyer wonders why his license suddenly shows as suspended from billing error.

The last single-license used sale cost me 3 hours of support time, just for nothing. Sorry for complaining to everybody but it shows how such a procedure seems good in theory (allowing customers to move licenses) but it causes too many problems.

I would just email him.
No it's not that important. I only e-mail them if I have important questions. And he just answered too. It's like I thought. And it's a good idea to stop it instantly.
This way we also know that if somebody now offers a license anywhere, it will be illegal. That makes things clear!

DirectAdmin Sales said:
The last single-license used sale cost me 3 hours of support time, just for nothing. Sorry for complaining to everybody but it shows how such a procedure seems good in theory (allowing customers to move licenses) but it causes too many problems.
How is that complaining? You don't need to say sorry about this. It even favours you (is that the correct word?) that you even take time to give an explanation, which you don't even have to give to be honest.
It would indeed be foolish to keep this going on, especially with this fraud and when it costs that much time for nothing.

I just wanted to know for sure if it stopped immediatly, that is the case, that is a good thing. You got your reasons, and now you told them I respect your decision to stop 2nd hand sale even more.
I already always wondered why there never was a transfer fee. We had years of great support and not too expensive pricing, so we haven't a single reason to complaint.
That may also be said once too. Still loving DA!

Back