Pricing changes/updates as of July 1, 2019 (No, we aren't raising our prices)

Yes, it's true we did remove two products (one heavily discounted, and one completely unsustainable). So it certainly is a price increase if you are used to paying once, then getting something for life.

We've offered the same product group for 17 years, without price increase, and those with currently active subscriptions will renew at the same price, so they will not get a surprise bill.

Also, this is retail pricing, it is meant to be the most expensive and least desirable. If you are a server provider, you get much better pricing. If you get your DA license through your server provider, you get much better pricing.

I'd be more than willing to make an exception for anyone who can show me that they have offered the same price for 17 years, and that they guarantee their customers to continue to offer it at that price. I'm not trying to be rude, and I realize everyone wants the cheapest price forever, but we have to work in real life.

Please look at: https://web.archive.org/web/20011204090800/http://www.sinnerg.nl/ (this is the site in 2001, so external source for pricing for 2001)
And now look at www.sinnerg.nl
Domein + email (domain and email): 60 EUR
.NL or .COM domain: 20 EUR
Smallest hosting package: 10 EUR
Next hosting package: 20 EUR
Next hosting package: 30 EuR
Yes prices have been the same, hosting packages have new names (that is different I know) and have more disk space/bandwidth (that is also different, I know)

So prices have been the same since 2001. I'm happy to keep the same internal license price as we did pay the last time (49 USD), but some other price is also not directly a problem. Lets have contact privately about it.

Personally I believe each one deserves to have an opinion and share. Richard, I respect your view and don't get me wrong but you don't have to get so angry about this situation.

Richard, I'm sure if someone will force you without no option and you depending for service and paying $200/year after few years the price will increase to $900/year you will get mad and angry I promise that.

I'm not here to offend someone or try to make justice, I wish our voice to be heard and stop removing the year payment. I'm not the only one who has been trapped for this decision, I'm not asking for getting the panel for free, the option for payment as the year to not be removed from the price options. I believe the price $200 for each server allocated by a single IP will be a nice to have.

If DA deserves to increase price it's not up to me do decide.

Ricard, apologize, but you don't have to be so negative.

Thank you

TO BE ANGRY / disapointed is everybodys own right, and when things not as expected normal.

But after a while and lot of posts everytime again and again the same .... that is what Richard means with "wining" that in such way , ( i know him somewhat longer :) ) isn't negative in that meaning (to be) negative, you could also say enough is enough , is the same sounds little bit better, (we don't have silky gloves sorry) :).

The yearly price is somehow still there while you could choose to have a 12 month payment so only price higher,

It is probably harder /needs more hours to Support lot of USER / OWNERS who have only one or few , then is support per User/ license the time to invest much more then the ones with lot more licenses ( resellers for da /hosters/selling to hosters and so on)

The extra CPANEL ...,..>,.. did break that balance i expect they did have before. ( many many more support hours, per User/client i mean) then it is obvious to survive as DA panel you have to change or prices or minimum amount of licenses or other things.

Also everyone should lifetime with upgrades pffff , and without upgrades/updates risk to get a bad negative name to cyber security as panel is to high then, also makes the web more dangerous while ( not updated) insecure boxes are commonly used for attacks at infrastructures. ( So those 2 aren't possible while this makes sense and everybody with normal sense .... hihi )

So everybody can have a look at his/here/it budget and do the right thing. ( options.... )

Last edited:
Hi, ikkeben,

If "But after a while and lot of posts every time, again and again, the same", well "again, again" will happen when only one person repeat the same argument. If the issue is raised but multiple users, you can blame me as I raise the same issue. When people complain when a company decision affect or block them to move forward, as the company you have to find a solution, as in my case I will be unable to add card payment.

But whatever, each one deserves to share his disappointed or share as you doing wrong were you killing the small business.

I know maybe my point of view will be ignore and I'll expect that, but you cannot criticize me when I share an issue where I plan to migrate in DA and fall over because of the decision DA took, as I repeat, when a saw DA move towards CPanel, WHMCS, Plesk where year payment has been removed, yes it's not pleasant when you're trapt by them.

Finally, I'm out, I don't wish to cause any issue here and hope next potential customers to not be treated as such.

Thanks

I, for one, am happy to see DA raise their rates. It means to me, that they plan on being around for some time delivering on their promise. I also feel lucky as hell to be fortunate enough to be rewarded for making the decisions that lead me to getting rewarded with loyalty from loyalty.

If you're complaining about the price increases, you either missed the 17 year long boat offering an incredible value or dont care if the panel succeeds in the long run.

In my case, the prices are not increasing. Just like the title says.

I bought a lifetime cPanel license too. Even with that I saw an increase over time where they had broken their promise to me. DA has not, and from what I can tell, doesnt plan on breaking their promise to me.

It's like a valuable collector car. If you wanted it for what it was offered for, you should've bought it when it was offered. It is now offered for something different and complaining about that is really just a reflection of self remorse for having missed the boat.

Long live DA!

Last edited:
Please look at: https://web.archive.org/web/20011204090800/http://www.sinnerg.nl/ (this is the site in 2001, so external source for pricing for 2001)
And now look at www.sinnerg.nl
Domein + email (domain and email): 60 EUR
.NL or .COM domain: 20 EUR
Smallest hosting package: 10 EUR
Next hosting package: 20 EUR
Next hosting package: 30 EuR
Yes prices have been the same, hosting packages have new names (that is different I know) and have more disk space/bandwidth (that is also different, I know)

So prices have been the same since 2001. I'm happy to keep the same internal license price as we did pay the last time (49 USD), but some other price is also not directly a problem. Lets have contact privately about it.

Same web.archive.org could say that DA pricing changed in the past as well. Please check these from DA history:
https://web.archive.org/web/20030417142724/http://www.directadmin.com/pricing.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20040402054749/http://www.directadmin.com/pricing.html

Fair change, it will only make the product, support and updates more sustainable. You can't run a company based on lifetime license of a product. How long is lifetime anyways.

Keep up the good work guys and thank you for not choosing the cpanel way of pricing.

Same web.archive.org could say that DA pricing changed in the past as well. Please check these from DA history:
So they only had positive price changes. :) It became cheaper. Even better.

streamservice said:
So prices have been the same since 2001.
LoL, that is easy to do which such expensive domain prices. :) So with them you still are well covered.

Hosting is cheap oke, but you can't compare hosting packages with a software manufacturer anyway.
And for hosting you might be on of the only not changing prices for so long.
I don't know what you intend to say with this.

However, it would have indeed been better if existing customers were notified by mail.

ChrisDeve said:
Richard, I respect your view and don't get me wrong but you don't have to get so angry about this situation.
I'm sorry ChrisDeve but I did not get angry at all. I got annoyed, and as far as I can see it I had the right to get annoyed and with good reason.
Ofcourse if I would miss the boat on something I planned I would get annoyed and even a bit irritated, but not angry, because if I was too late then it's my own fault.

Richard, I'm sure if someone will force you without no option and you depending for service and paying $200/year after few years the price will increase to $900/year you will get mad and angry I promise that.
We differ in opinion about that. You were on the point of moving to DA. Nobody forced you out of anything. It was cPanel maybe forcing you, not Directadmin.
If you wanted to have the $200 option, you had to take it when it was there. No one can expect things to be there forever. You can't blaim DA for that, that is not fair.
DA never trapped or forced anybody. You can't blaim DA for cPanel decisions which put you in a bad spot.

As ikkeben correctly explained:
But after a while and lot of posts everytime again and again the same ....
Which happened in this thread. At some point there are some of us (in this case me too) which get tired of this complaining here. You all should complaint with CPanel. And probably you did. But a good bigger host has cPanel as wel as DA licenses. You can't blaim a company for removing some packages with were commercial totally not sustainable anymore.
People keep blaming DA here and keep complaining about this price change. But this change is not in effect for anybody who already has this subscribtion.
So you (and a lot of others) were just too late, as anybody can be too late to get something at a better price, with anything. Car, software, house, whatever.

The conclusion is that it's totally no use to keep bringing this issue up, it will not change anything at the moment.

I understand that you got irritated that you missed the boat this way, but reading the thread you will see a lot of the same kind of posts. And a a certain point, we had enough of it.

So again, I'm neither angry nore negative but I'm realistic. You don't need to apologize to me. You're entitled to your opinion just as I am.
But I did not intented to be negative, I was just tired of seeing the umpteenth post about it by somebody in this thread.

I do apoligize to you if you experienced or interpreted it as angry or negative, both were not the case or not my intention.
It's just like things are.
No hard feelings.

Last edited:
Exactly - I'm sorry to labour the point but Direct admin dropping the annual fees is a bad move. I think they should keep the annual fee. I was excited, now I'm disappointed and still looking for a cpanel alternative.

You don't have to worry. I've been in the same situation, if they think is better for them it's not us who decide.

You got apnscp, cwp, ispconfig and another good panel, you don't need to stop on DA, as the conversation as been set on Cpanel as well, is not only DA and Cpanel as Web Panel.

I believe they took the worst decision but it's my view not everyone if DA should deserve more money base by the quality I DON'T KNOW what I can tell you, Cpanel is the premium the price is not justified.

I hope you will find a good panel and good luck.

<3 Directadmin

I've been using directadmin since 2006 and proud to be a supporter of it, The price is necessary for DA to have funds to improve the product to be better. But please dont be like Cpanel to change to ridiculous pricing.

Recently I bought some Cpanel license for my customers and I've converted all of them to DA :).

I do wish that DA can have some automation to set

SSL automatically for all the domains.
Exim etc so that snake oil cert is not being generated.

This new policy seems resonable and DA is still the most affordable solution.

Just wondering why I was notified about CPanal pricing change from several sources while having only 1 CPanel license, but never notified about this DirectAdmin pricing changes despite the fact that I have several dozen DA licenses... (

Last edited:
BTW, with lifetime internal licences we was able to offer DirectAdmin for $5/mo with our dedicated/VPS servers in Russia but we still never succeeded in DirectAdmin sales, just because ISPmanager Lite is always cheaper (despite the fact that it's not even “internal”).

Last edited:
@ClayRabbit,

I wonder the same why is ISPmanager or VEPP so popular in Russia when there are so many complains about its features on their forums?

Recently moved several servers from ISPmanager to DirectAdmin, and everything is running fine and more stable. There were some bugs found in ISPmanager Lite, but due to their versioning policy the only way to get rid of the bugs is to buy a new license for a new version of ISPmanager. Unlike them DirectAdmin fixes critical bugs even for OS which are already EOL.

p.s. good luck from Novosibirsk ;)

@ClayRabbit,

I wonder the same why is ISPmanager or VEPP so popular in Russia when there are so many complains about its features on their forums?

Recently moved several servers from ISPmanager to DirectAdmin, and everything is running fine and more stable. There were some bugs found in ISPmanager Lite, but due to their versioning policy the only way to get rid of the bugs is to buy a new license for a new version of ISPmanager. Unlike them DirectAdmin fixes critical bugs even for OS which are already EOL.

p.s. good luck from Novosibirsk ;)

Hey do you have a script to convert ispmanager to directadmin or just manually doing it?

Back