E-mail Filters

cenourinha

Verified User
One of the features i see DirectAdmin is missing are e-mail filters. It would be great if we can identify e-mails and do specific actions, for example, parse them using a script (not all e-mails, but filtered ones).

Also, i see that you have "Auto-Responders" and "Vacation Messages". Aren't they the same? I think you could easily merge this function to simplify.

It's called "SPAM Filters", but it doesn't have a functionality to execute a bash script for emails. However, I think this could be done using sieve_extprograms in Pigeonhole (not in GUI at the moment though).

It's called "SPAM Filters", but it doesn't have a functionality to execute a bash script for emails. However, I think this could be done using sieve_extprograms in Pigeonhole (not in GUI at the moment though).

What i'm looking to filter is not spam, but any e-mail. Some examples:

• Filter every e-mail with the subject "URGENT" and pipe it to a PHP script to send me an SMS.
  • Filter every e-mail send "FROM" "[email protected]" and forward it to another e-mail: [email protected], so the customer can get a reply if i'm not on the company.
  • Filter every e-mail that was marked as Spam (Spam Status/Spam Score), but was sent from a domain with the TLD from my country (Example: .pt) and forward it to a folder in my e-mail account called "Under Validation"

Those are just some examples, but there are much more situations where this is helpful. This is one of the most relevant features i found DirectAdmin is missing when comparing cPanel as an end-user.

Back