General Differences from DirectAdmin vs others

factor

Verified User
I think it could be good for someone to at high level differentiate how DA works at the system level. I say this because a lot of the new folks (Welcome BTW) are coming from the Binary RPM world to the Mostly Source world of DA. I think it might help to sort of say you just can't do this or that in binary form here on DA. I don't know how deeply that goes myself so I see it helping. It needs to be like the FAQ that @smtalk created but it's own Thread.

I used both cPanel & DirectAdmin at work for different sets of client. My view will be DirectAdmin requires some level of system admin knowledge as you need to deal with SSH when you need things to be changed that is not available in DirectAdmin control panel. I

DirectAdmin is really light weight and thats what I love about.

I only did a single DA installation and tested for a couple of hours. I also feel it would not be suite for end users as of now.

Hope with the momentum DA have would help for rapid development for an end-user friendly control panel.

Community support around is DA excellent...!

And I hate image verification on the forum post.

Well Thanks for looking... Are you going back to cPanel or trying InterWorx? Just curious.

as for

And I hate image verification on the forum post.

True. VBulletin 4.25 is really old IP Boards would be much more modern and easier to use. IMHO

Well Thanks for looking... Are you going back to cPanel or trying InterWorx? Just curious.

Honestly speaking, supporting none techie customers is a nightmare (without user friendly panel) as we have been using it for more than 14 years. But the current stage of any other panel does not allow me to make a move. Lets wait for another month or two and take a desision.

Honestly speaking, supporting none techie customers is a nightmare (without user friendly panel) as we have been using it for more than 14 years. But the current stage of any other panel does not allow me to make a move. Lets wait for another month or two and take a desision.
Totally get it. Thanks before you go. In general would you mind posting what is missing or not friendly. Without suggestions they wont really know what you felt was missing. (Like you cannot fix one of you users issues without knowing the problem).

Back