Thread: Roadmap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Roadmap

Can I request that DA creates a sticky thread here please with a roadmap of what feature requests you've accepted or other features you are planning to add? Not expecting ETA's or anything, just what to expect in the next version or two.

Some of us are planning migrations but looking for certain features first, such as autologin is important for the shared hosting servers (different market and all that), but not so important for VPS/dedicated customers etc.

Would love to see a roadmap from DirectAdmin.

At the moment I can just honestly say that all the things 'missing' (as DA has a different feature set) have the highest priority Including auto-login to phpMyAdmin.
    Martynas Bendorius
    MB Martynas IT. Professional server management company. Official DirectAdmin, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed and Comodo partners.

Quote Originally Posted by smtalk View Post
    At the moment I can just honestly say that all the things 'missing' (as DA has a different feature set) have the highest priority Including auto-login to phpMyAdmin.
    If you add autologin to phpMyAdmin, it is very important that it will still be possible to login manually at server.hostname.com/phpmyadmin - that is a must that it still continue to be possible. For example many customers have many databases in their account, then they login to phpMyAdmin with the same username/password as their DirectAdmin account, the benefit then is that they have access to all the databases in ONE login. Also some customer would sometimes need to provide access to third party to login to phpMyAdmin, but at the same time they don't want to give access to DirectAdmin. So it is very important to keep the option to be able to login to phpMyAdmin manually at server.hostname.com/phpmyadmin - or you could add a option in directadmin.conf to disable autogin. Thank you.

Edit: The same goes for webmail, it is a MUST that it still will be possible to login manually at server.hostname.com/roundcube - if not, you must provide a option to disable autologin for webmail in directadmin.conf - many customers give out email accounts to their customers wich should not have access to DirectAdmin, and they must be able to login manually at server.hostname.com/roundcube
    Last edited by ditto; 07-05-2019 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ditto View Post
    If you add autologin to phpMyAdmin, it is very important that it will still be possible to login manually at server.hostname.com/phpmyadmin - that is a must that it still continue to be possible. For example many customers have many databases in their account, then they login to phpMyAdmin with the same username/password as their DirectAdmin account, the benefit then is that they have access to all the databases in ONE login. Also some customer would sometimes need to provide access to third party to login to phpMyAdmin, but at the same time they don't want to give access to DirectAdmin. So it is very important to keep the option to be able to login to phpMyAdmin manually at server.hostname.com/phpmyadmin - or you could add a option in directadmin.conf to disable autogin. Thank you.

Edit: The same goes for webmail, it is a MUST that it still will be possible to login manually at server.hostname.com/roundcube - if not, you must provide a option to disable autologin for webmail in directadmin.conf - many customers give out email accounts to their customers wich should not have access to DirectAdmin, and they must be able to login manually at server.hostname.com/roundcube
    I don't think phpMyAdmin should be accessible directly from /phpmyadmin as this can be used for third parties to gain access to the database via bruteforce, even if the remote access to the database is disable. But to provide an option that satisfies everyone, you could just add an option in the DirectAdmin Panel at Admin Level to enable/disable direct access to /phpmyadmin.

Quote Originally Posted by cenourinha View Post
    I don't think phpMyAdmin should be accessible directly from /phpmyadmin as this can be used for third parties to gain access to the database via bruteforce, even if the remote access to the database is disable. But to provide an option that satisfies everyone, you could just add an option in the DirectAdmin Panel at Admin Level to enable/disable direct access to /phpmyadmin.
    Just a FYI on this that CSF blocks these attempts to /phpmyadmin, /roundcube (/webmail) automatically by default It's integrated into BFM too. But I totally see your point on systems without any protection.
    Martynas Bendorius
    MB Martynas IT. Professional server management company. Official DirectAdmin, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed and Comodo partners.

Quote Originally Posted by cenourinha View Post
    I really do not like AUTO-LOGIN to anything TBH....... If admins need to access databases, use the da_admin login to phpmyadmin...... That's what I do....

If you are worried about security if this AUTO-LOGIN does appear, then force ALL clients to use 2FA/Keys to Directadmin......
    Last edited by Peter Laws; 07-05-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ditto View Post

agreed. I see it as an added option as well.
    Thanks,
    Brent Dacus
    Just a regular guy from Tennessee

CentOS 7 | DA | CB 2.0 | MariaDB 10.4 | PHP 7.2

help me...it's HERE or Type "your issue your os directadmin" in google

Road map will be better to see what's coming on next version.