Migration from cpanel to DA, details

apogee

Verified User
Hello,

we would like to migrate our 150 servers to DA.

Some Questions:
Whats about SapamAssessin Settings (BL, WL, Spambox)?
Can we move our CloudLinux PHP Selector Settings?
How manages DA Apache? RPM?
Whats about tomcat and rails?
Can I import installatron settings and apps?
Whats about lets encrypt SSL?

Thanks a lot!

Can we move our CloudLinux PHP Selector Settings?
Can I import installatron settings and apps?

That's we questions into which i am interested too. Didn't want to create an extra thread for it.

I think CloudLinux settings will not migrate during restore over backup files.

That's we questions into which i am interested too. Didn't want to create an extra thread for it.

I think CloudLinux settings will not migrate during restore over backup files.

CL Selector PHP version & PHP modules selected by end-user are stored in ~/.cl.selector/defaults.cfg, so, they should be transferred.

SpamAssassin settings are saved in ~/.spamassassin, so, should be fine, but there might be differences in structure - if you have problems with them, please let us know and we will check this out.

Installatron - not sure, would need to test :) If they store settings and apps under user home directory, it should have no issues, unless it needs to have content outside user directory + not included into cpmove backup file.

Regarding these:
How manages DA Apache? RPM?
Whats about tomcat and rails?
Whats about lets encrypt SSL?

DA manages Apache using CustomBuild. It's compiled from the source.

Tomcat/rails not officially supported, so, needs to be done manually.

Let's encrypt is enabled by default on new installs.

Last edited:
Thanks smtalk

Can we hire u for migrations?

That apache is build from scratch fears me!

Whats about the CL PHP RPM's?

Hello,

does anyone have details guide to install last tomcat on DA and we use last version of tomcat.
Also does tomcat installed on DA have possibility for addon domains under one hosting account because cPanel disable that in last version and that makes me very angry :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kind regards.

Hello,

does anyone have details guide to install last tomcat on DA and we use last version of tomcat.
Also does tomcat installed on DA have possibility for addon domains under one hosting account because cPanel disable that in last version and that makes me very angry :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kind regards.
They are good at that lately.... we all need anger management classes now...because of them...

There is currently no Native support for Tomcat in DA. It would all be custom and not supported..

Hi,
how about dkim ? is the signature still valid? or need to recreate the dkim

CL Selector PHP version & PHP modules selected by end-user are stored in ~/.cl.selector/defaults.cfg, so, they should be transferred.

SpamAssassin settings are saved in ~/.spamassassin, so, should be fine, but there might be differences in structure - if you have problems with them, please let us know and we will check this out.

Installatron - not sure, would need to test :) If they store settings and apps under user home directory, it should have no issues, unless it needs to have content outside user directory + not included into cpmove backup file.

Regarding these:

DA manages Apache using CustomBuild. It's compiled from the source.

Tomcat/rails not officially supported, so, needs to be done manually.

Let's encrypt is enabled by default on new installs.

Back