Thread: E-mail Filters

E-mail Filters

One of the features i see DirectAdmin is missing are e-mail filters. It would be great if we can identify e-mails and do specific actions, for example, parse them using a script (not all e-mails, but filtered ones).

Also, i see that you have "Auto-Responders" and "Vacation Messages". Aren't they the same? I think you could easily merge this function to simplify.

It's called "SPAM Filters", but it doesn't have a functionality to execute a bash script for emails. However, I think this could be done using sieve_extprograms in Pigeonhole (not in GUI at the moment though).
    Martynas Bendorius
    MB Martynas IT. Professional server management company. Official DirectAdmin, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed and Comodo partners.

Quote Originally Posted by smtalk View Post
    It's called "SPAM Filters", but it doesn't have a functionality to execute a bash script for emails. However, I think this could be done using sieve_extprograms in Pigeonhole (not in GUI at the moment though).
    What i'm looking to filter is not spam, but any e-mail. Some examples:

• Filter every e-mail with the subject "URGENT" and pipe it to a PHP script to send me an SMS.
    • Filter every e-mail send "FROM" "bigcustomer@bigcompany.tld" and forward it to another e-mail: backupsales-priority@mycompany.tld, so the customer can get a reply if i'm not on the company.
    • Filter every e-mail that was marked as Spam (Spam Status/Spam Score), but was sent from a domain with the TLD from my country (Example: .pt) and forward it to a folder in my e-mail account called "Under Validation"

Those are just some examples, but there are much more situations where this is helpful. This is one of the most relevant features i found DirectAdmin is missing when comparing cPanel as an end-user.

Install Dovecot+Pigeonhole+RoundCube. This setup will let you filter incoming emails the way you want using Sieve-filtering.

You can use the following guide https://help.poralix.com/articles/cr...via-webmail-in
    Regards, Alex G.

- Get the best commercial DirectAdmin support and hire me on poralix.com
    - Follow and like @Poralix on Facebook