SSL page suggestion

ViAdCk

Verified User
Hello,

Nowadays, almost all clients are fine with a free letsencrypt certificate and don't need anything else for their websites.

Right now when a user wants to install a free letsencrypt certificate, 5 options in total are presented in tabs which is confusing. One option is called as you know "use the server certificate" which causes even more confusion as some clients think this is the correct option they have to choose.

Wouldn't it be much better if just letsencrypt would be presented as default and the other options in an advanced tab or something similar?

I really think this area could be presented in an easier and cleaner way for the average user who doesn't have advanced technical skills.

Regards

No I'd rather not. Users should be able to have a bit of insight too. What when somethings happens like with some other known ssl registrar and we all have to stop using it? Change DA again?

Imho it's a good idea to maybe put the "letsencrypt" option at top/default, but there is no need to let the other options disappear to another page.

LE could appear on the user panel as an extra plugin.

No I'd rather not. Users should be able to have a bit of insight too. What when somethings happens like with some other known ssl registrar and we all have to stop using it? Change DA again?

Imho it's a good idea to maybe put the "letsencrypt" option at top/default, but there is no need to let the other options disappear to another page.

I'm not saying it should disappear, but not as prominent as it is right now which is very confusing for the average user. Hence I suggest something like and "avanced tab" with the rest of the options.

But the truth is, at least with our userbase, that 99% of our clients just want to install letsencrypt and nothing else.

I don't like an advanced tab because that will also trigger curiosity and makes things more confusing. It's describe very well what which function does.

Our users do not have any issues with it by the way. They can read and maybe are too afraid to do something wrong. ;)

But i -do- agree that Letsencrypt should be on top as first option and server certificate as last option. So +1 for that part.

Back