DA Openlitespeed Configuration is Readonly

hostseo

Im unable to edit and configuration from Openlitespeed panel, it is showing: " Include file detected in configuration file. Entering Read-only mode."

How to disable that setting, so we can modify all settings from panel.

It's not possible to do this at the moment. Configuration is placed in /usr/local/lsws/conf, if anything gets customized, it should be copied to /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/openlitespeed/conf.

If you'd like read-write mode to be available, I'd suggest contacting OpenLiteSpeed and place this as a feature request.

It's not possible to do this at the moment. Configuration is placed in /usr/local/lsws/conf, if anything gets customized, it should be copied to /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/openlitespeed/conf.

If you'd like read-write mode to be available, I'd suggest contacting OpenLiteSpeed and place this as a feature request.

Thanks same problem here. Seem need to edit configuration manually. btw is there specific file to be edited or added because in /usr/local/lsws/conf directory I saw many file

Thanks same problem here. Seem need to edit configuration manually. btw is there specific file to be edited or added because in /usr/local/lsws/conf directory I saw many file
If it is related with Virtual Host, than the file is: /usr/local/lsws/conf/httpd-vhosts.conf

Tested concurrent connection and open litespeed consume high cpu and memory. I switch to LSWS.

DA + LItespeed Quic http/3 so awseome

how is contacting OpenLiteSpeed and place this as a feature request? because ı can.

DA developers split what is usually a single OpenLiteSpeed configuration file into multiple include files. The OLS WebAdmin Console can read such include files but it doesn’t have the ability to edit them at the time of this writing. If you have changes to make to the configuration, you must manually edit the files in a text editor rather than WebAdmin Console.

They consider the DA approach incorrect? Any way we can get this to work atm?

Last edited:
The considered the DA approach incorrect. Any way we can get this to work ?
Why do you think it is incorrect? The best solution would be native support by OLS, and we can work with them on this.

At this time OLS settings are managed like nginx or apache, directly in configuration files.

Why do you think it is incorrect? The best solution would be native support by OLS, and we can work with them on this.

At this time OLS settings are managed like nginx or apache, directly in configuration files.
Oh no I do not think anything :oops: i do not dare, lol i have to little experience to say that. I meant they mention that on their page. I Interpreted that as they do not feel it needs fixing as it should be one conf file ?

Whether this is DA or Litespeed, the blame game, and the delay on getting this fixed is just ridiculous.
Clients need this issue resolved, and both companies seem to just be blaming each other. have been for years.

Come on people, find some way to get this working properly

Whether this is DA or Litespeed, the blame game, and the delay on getting this fixed is just ridiculous.
Clients need this issue resolved, and both companies seem to just be blaming each other. have been for years.

Come on people, find some way to get this working properly
What’s the actual problem you have? OpenLiteSpeed should function as stable as the other webservers supported.

What’s the actual problem you have? OpenLiteSpeed should function as stable as the other webservers supported.
It does not!

The 'actual problem' here is the fact that it cannot be configured. THAT is the 'actual problem'.

One shouldn't have to dig through various directories to try to figure out what configuration variable has to be changed just to make the server function as it should, properly.

The 'actual problem' here is the fact that this has been passed between two providers for eons, and neither wants to sit down and fix things for their clients!!!

Forget what may or may not need tweaking, that's irrelevant. What is relevant is that this is an ongoing issue that has been ignored, and not dealt with properly, causing more issues for clients

The biggest issue is configuration, OpenLiteSpeed main configuration is via the webui. If you search on how to set/do x or that, any documentation or helpful forum post refers to the webui on how to configure it. We need to do it via the config files directly which are never referred to so I have no idea how to set it up.

What *I* have to tweak isn't going to be what someone *else* has to tweak, and so on and so forth.
The biggest issue is configuration, OpenLiteSpeed main configuration is via the webui. If you search on how to set/do x or that, any documentation or helpful forum post refers to the webui on how to configure it. We need to do it via the config files directly which are never referred to so I have no idea how to set it up.
I don't disagree, at all.

Grep is your friend in SSH, but it's only so helpful. Finding out what value you have to modify is like the old needle / haystack comparison.

It would be one thing if this was all documented, but instead, it seems that this has to be locked and secret for some reason, and it's just bad.

Yes, I'm aware that documenting this stuff is tedious, but put yourself in your customer's shoes here. We shouldn't have to come and beg for values to be changed either. That's why the UI exists!!

Personally? I always change the footer stuff , the admin email (that one's actually easy), the client IP (I utilize stackpath, and need to actually be able to lock to my IP in some cases), and a few other things. It's not about 'performance', but being able to control the product itself.

Simply saying 'what do you want to change' isn't helpful. This has been an ongoing issue for some time now

What *I* have to tweak isn't going to be what someone *else* has to tweak, and so on and so forth.

I don't disagree, at all.

Grep is your friend in SSH, but it's only so helpful. Finding out what value you have to modify is like the old needle / haystack comparison.

It would be one thing if this was all documented, but instead, it seems that this has to be locked and secret for some reason, and it's just bad.

Yes, I'm aware that documenting this stuff is tedious, but put yourself in your customer's shoes here. We shouldn't have to come and beg for values to be changed either. That's why the UI exists!!

Personally? I always change the footer stuff , the admin email (that one's actually easy), the client IP (I utilize stackpath, and need to actually be able to lock to my IP in some cases), and a few other things. It's not about 'performance', but being able to control the product itself.

Simply saying 'what do you want to change' isn't helpful. This has been an ongoing issue for some time now
Agreed Openlitespeed GUI must be in read/write mood, it help Admin as well end users too

Funny, this is one of the things that turned me off about OLS, what, 2, 3 years ago, and it's STILL being tossed around.
Proof that , realistically, nobody is listening

hi,
this error:
Include file detected in configuration file. Entering Read-only mode.
more years ago...
when it fix?

We request directadmin administrators. Let's fix this problem now. Same mistake for years. why don't they provide full compatibility for openlitespeed? If they don't find a solution, I will switch to another panel and I will not recommend it to anyone.
thanks.
King Regards

Last edited:
I have found the solution. It took me hours to figure out. That is simply remove the "include" functions in the httpd_config.conf file and insert the codes from the included files into that httpd_config.conf file. It may take time but it worths it. Good luck.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 15.46.19-min.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 15.46.19-min.png
    234.1 KB · Views: 93
Back