DA install with CSF

xerox

Verified User
Hello,

I am running into firewall issue if i follow the general setup instructions. Ports are blocked by default.

Please be kind and post/update a complete newest installation instructions how to install DA with CSF/ GUI based FW (for not linux administrators, but normal users). I see different old articles how to install DA but no mention how to deal with firewall and other important relative stuff (CustomBuild etc.) with one complete tutorial. I am not sure how to proceed and which instructions to follow and search. I think we all want the complete stuff anyway, i would really appreciate if there were a DA for dummies.

(Also please replace this forum captcha with recaptcha or something what works as expected)

Thanks!!

Hello.

First of all, this is not the CSF forum. CSF instructions are made bij Configserver,

As for the blocked ports, that is an OS issue. As more often pointed out on this forum (you might try doing a search for such things), on Centos 7 there is a default firewall present which can be disabled but does block things. There are several posts about this not even a couple of weeks old. They also state how to deal with the firewall.

When I use google and type this search:
disable firewall centos 7 directadmin

The first result is:
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=75
It's from 2015 but updated with the Centos 7 info on how to disable firewall.

First disable the firewall on the OS, then install DA.

After that, download CSF and do not follow the general setup instructions but instead of using the ./install.sh use the ./install-directadmin.sh for isntalling CSF.

Sysadmins should not be dummies but should know some basic things themselves. It would be odd for DA to create a complete instruction for all kind of Distro's supported and all kinds of firewalls used. There is not a single panel doing something like that. ;)

Hello,

This is still a working guide: https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Hello,

I am running into firewall issue if i follow the general setup instructions. Ports are blocked by default.

Please be kind and post/update a complete newest installation instructions how to install DA with CSF/ GUI based FW (for not linux administrators, but normal users). I see different old articles how to install DA but no mention how to deal with firewall and other important relative stuff (CustomBuild etc.) with one complete tutorial. I am not sure how to proceed and which instructions to follow and search. I think we all want the complete stuff anyway, i would really appreciate if there were a DA for dummies.

(Also please replace this forum captcha with recaptcha or something what works as expected)

Thanks!!

Back