Direct login to any email account as administrator

When I say "users" I mean "customers". So there are "customers" that manage various accounts and want this feature. +1
I think what I am trying to say is there are 3 levels. User, Reseller and Admin. There is not a Customer Level. If you read the Title of the request it shows Administrator AKA Admin.

If you are referring to Users being able to log in accounts they own without a password its not this post. If that was the original intention of this post. Like Richard G and I said vote in the other topics..

-1 for this, there are many other best features like clone server configuration, unique user session for sing-on like cpanel, tmpfiles integration, etc.

Last edited:
kevinlevin said:
Absolutely necessary.
Stop that too please, because it's nonsense, we worked without it for years here at DA. And cpanel is not the RFC and DA does not need to become a cpanel copy.

For those with the GDPR concerns - the feature is there in cPanel for years so stop that ok?
When somebody does something which is not correct by law, it does not mean other should do that too. So please stop yourself ;)

I already stated that I could do a +1 when switchable with default to off.

But please use decent arguments, not things which are totally nonsense.

Stop that too please, because it's nonsense, we worked without it for years here at DA. And cpanel is not the RFC and DA does not need to become a cpanel copy.

This, I see that people try to transform DA to a cPanel clone, hey there was a reason that people choose in the past for DA instead of cPanel
New features are ok but please don't try to make DA a some kind of cPanel fork

AGAIN -1 -1

There have to be special contracts and much more to sign for company's and server admins then to have email secure and private. ( if such options are easy possible)

With so easy to read this is totally not done in most Country's.

Therefore if such option is there yes or no switchable.

Then there is by LAW (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation) a kind of rule.

For contracts and having heavy auditing on this, also you have to have the audit data save to be unchangeble and so stored and very very safe for many years.

So total b.ll sh.t to peeping / spying options as this should be not possible at all.

If using other tools for that, it is your thing , you're hacking then users private data so not allowed also!

If you don't like such LAWS , you like everybody out of this forum can have a look at all your own private data then? ;)

You better take a look at the present ways, and better teach your custommers so you don't need this at all

You those wo want this, don't forget you are also reading then personal private mails not only from users on the DA server but from also random private persons! those wo did send mail to mailboxes on the DA server! :mad: they didn't give a permission to you all to read their mails!

A admin should by default not have email / file read rights.
If taken / change only with permission and full audit and some signed text in contract.

You can ask some in Germany Datenschutz and so on.

I am no law person but that is so obvious.
2005 a admin was fired for such in German:
https://www.e-recht24.de/news/arbeitsrecht/329.html

So don;t make it easy todo, it should even be better protected and in log files staying vissible if one does!

If needed for Customers with their written permision and it is time consuming send a nice BILL then you can all earn some more extra money put this in the terms and yes ..

I burned my hands myself almost in the past, someone asking to place backup mails from a left / ex CEO back after he did deleted ( he said private mails only)

Last edited:
Maybe a idea for marketing DA. ( brainstorming)

Make DA full GDPR with a kind of seal so privacy protected mail also default from reading by Server admins. ( I expect such is going to be neccesary in the "near" future for serious mail and also then webshop mails and so on ) (that meets all neccesary customer wishes and regulatory / privacy law requirements. ) ( if change reading needed then with full log audits only)

Combined with some PCI compliancy it takes DA boxes to a higher trust level i think.

And then yes you can think about a switch but only then where all using and sending mail to a DA box knowing that ADMINs and son could read those mails to. in all Attachments, and on the Website in the legal terms at privacy part.??

You already know how much DATA is "sold / leaked" by SERVER ADMINS or those who have such rights yes?
I 'm over 30 year in IT now and have seen a lot, every time they kept it secret because of reputation damage!

Most Data breaches are done by persons with normal acces to those DATA!

You can as server admin see in logs searching on someones emailadress , also if someone is visiting a cancer consultant for example! and that is with normal admin access those wo don't want to know such in that way. ONly checking logs!

Last edited:
I agree with that. Maybe store e-mails encrypted if possible. But maybe Exim and Dovecot have to be involved in this too.

When reading the GPDR I think it's more a question of "when" they will hit hard on this and admins will burn their fingers, then as "if" this will happen some time. It just takes a couple of complaints and we all know how fast some customers can get annoyed and complaint.

This might be not that big an issue for the American DA admins but it is for the European admins. We do have agreements in place (at least the ons of us obyeing the GPDR/AVG), but when a real audit will be done, we all could have a problem.

I also do not want this feature to be implemented, I cannot understand why anyone would want this, all emails should be secure and private.

I have used DA for 14+ years and I hope in my lifetime it never becomes like Cpanel which in my opinion is bloated:)

Back