Dev CustomBuild Documentation ?

eva2000

Verified User
Is there any developer documentation outlining how to add new options to CustomBuild 2.0 to install specific software ? For instance to install Imagick
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build set imagick yes
./build imagick
Now if I want to add to CustomBuild a new software install option called via Custombuild, how would I go about it ?

i.e.
Code:
./build update
./build set mysoftware yes
./build mysoftware
thanks

Is there any developer documentation outlining how to add new options to CustomBuild 2.0 to install specific software ? For instance to install Imagick
Code:
./build update
./build set imagick yes
./build imagick
Now if I want to add to CustomBuild a new software install option called via Custombuild, how would I go about it ?

i.e.
Code:
./build update
./build set mysoftware yes
./build mysoftware
thanks
I could be wrong. Do just ./build
then scroll way to the top
It said who the dev is at the top. I think.

"./build opt_help full" would show some descriptions there too :)

I think I didn't work my question properly. I want to develop my own custombuild option to install my own specific software which DirectAdmin's custombuild options currently doesn't support. So how would I have my own specific software's source compile and/or yum install routines fit into custombuild method of installation ? Is that possible/supported ?

Thanks Alex for the clarification, info and links :)

Already bookmarked your directadmin-utils repo :D

Glad you find it useful.

As for a deeper customization, if you need to add patches or additional libraries into existing software which is built by DirectAdmin you can always use configure script under custombuild/custom/ and add your code which will be executed right before ./configure... , e.g.:

- Update configure.nginx with custom directives (REVERSE PROXY):

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/
mkdir -p /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/nginx_reverse/
[ -f "custom/nginx_reverse/configure.nginx" ] || cp -p configure/nginx_reverse/configure.nginx custom/nginx_reverse/

- Update configure.nginx with custom directives (STAND-ALONE SERVER):

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/
mkdir -p /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/nginx/
[ -f "custom/nginx/configure.nginx" ] || cp -p configure/nginx/configure.nginx custom/nginx/

and so on.

Thanks Alex found these configure templates while poking around the internals so definitely will be playing with customising source compilation routines. Lots of ideas of optimisation tweaks I plan to add :)

Back