db4-devel nog available in Centos 7, missing pre-requisite?

Richard G

Verified User
When installing directadmin it shows db4-devel als part of the pre-install commands.

However, on Centos 7 it's not present when I try the yum instal db4-devel command:
No package db4-devel available.

I thought this was needed for Exim, can I safely skip this or is there another way to fix this?

Before installing DirectAdmin, there are some basic programs that you'll need. The following are the typical commands used before we install DirectAdmin.

On Rehat/Fedora/CentOS:
yum install wget gcc gcc-c++ flex bison make bind bind-libs bind-utils openssl openssl-devel perl quota libaio \
libcom_err-devel libcurl-devel gd zlib-devel zip unzip libcap-devel cronie bzip2 cyrus-sasl-devel perl-ExtUtils-Embed \
autoconf automake libtool which patch mailx bzip2-devel lsof glibc-headers kernel-devel expat-devel db4-devel

The libcom_err-devel package is for CentOS 6, relating to this error.

CentOS 7
Add all of the above CentOS packages except db4-devel, then include these ones as well:
yum install psmisc net-tools systemd-devel libdb-devel perl-DBI perl-Perl4-CoreLibs xfsprogs rsyslog logrotate crontabs file kernel-headers

Dang ditto beat me... HAHA ummm ditto

@Ditto: thanks!

@bdacus01: Please remind net etiquette and don't quote full message please. ;)
Indeed he beat you to it. :0

LoL. I have seen that help section, but read it the wrong way.

Please remind net etiquette and don't quote full message please. ;)

I am afraid I am not privy to the rules you refer too. Since am but a regular guy. I never attended Internet etiquette finishing school..

I truly don't know what you mean.

I'm sorry, my fault.

I thought you quoted a complete of my message, but you quoted a big part of the manual.

Sorry, my mistake!

Have to give my eyes some rest, I'm too tired and its showing this way, that's not good.

I'm sorry, my fault.

I thought you quoted a complete of my message, but you quoted a big part of the manual.

Sorry, my mistake!

Have to give my eyes some rest, I'm too tired and its showing this way, that's not good.
So this is wrong?

I'm too tired and its showing this way

This is correct?

I like learning.

Get some sleep.. It really hard to multi quote on this old vb I hope the replace this soon..

@bdacus01, I don't think there is anything wrong or correct in this regard. Sometime I feel it is best to quote the whole post, for example if the post I am replying to is not immediate above but some post up in the thread. Other times I cut out some, and only quote what I am replying to, and other times I don't quote at all (mostly when the post is right above me). But never mind, I was only going to share that my opinion in this regard is that everyone for themself should do what they feel work best. There is no absolute rules you have to follow, that is my opinion.

@bdacus01, I don't think there is anything wrong or correct in this regard. Sometime I feel it is best to quote the whole post, for example if the post I am replying to is not immediate above but some post up in the thread. Other times I cut out some, and only quote what I am replying to, and other times I don't quote at all (mostly when the post is right above me). But never mind, I was only going to share that my opinion in this regard is that everyone for themself should do what they feel work best. There is no absolute rules you have to follow, that is my opinion.

No worries. ditto I like logic and rules. Breaking them that is...

Richard G is just tired. All that cold weather in the NL maybe...

ditto said:
I was only going to share that my opinion in this regard is that everyone for themself should do what they feel work best. There is no absolute rules you have to follow, that is my opinion.
There are not real rules. But these are unwritten rules which applyed to forums already since I do forums (which is 19 years).
There is a good reason for it, and that it's because it messes things up and does not look good. There are user quoting complete messages and then post 1 line of reply below it. That looks like crap so this "quoting full messages is not done" became an unwritten rule of behaviour on forums.
If you don't know about that, it does not mean it does not exist. :)

It's no obligation, that's correct, everyone can choose to do what they want. But to keep things clear and keep a better oversight, it's normally better not to quote full messages.

Richard G is just tired. All that cold weather in the NL maybe...
Yeah, compared to thursday it's quite cold at the moment. :D :D

Back