Hotmail Blocked

AidySmith

Verified User
Only been using DirectAdmin now for around several days and i'm already blocked from using Hotmail which is very, simply not enough secure options with DA to make email more secure.

Limited email to just 50 per day
No mention anywhere on DA if SPF/DKIM is added to domains.

They is also a lack of options in comparison to cPanel.

Suggestions?

The guides not fully clear where it states

Then edit your /etc/exim.conf, and find the code:
remote_smtp:
driver = smtp

is this the option under #COMMENT#61: ?

Would I replace

#COMMENT#61:
driver = smtpremote_smtp:
driver = smtp
headers_add = "${if def:authenticated_id{X-Authenticated-Id: ${authenticated_id}}}"
interface = <; ${if exists{/etc/virtual/domainips}{${lookup{$sender_address_domain}lsearch*$
helo_data = ${if exists{/etc/virtual/helo_data}{${lookup{$sending_ip_address}iplsearch{/etc$
hosts_try_chunking =
.include_if_exists /etc/exim.dkim.conf

with

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
headers_add = "${if def:authenticated_id{X-Authenticated-Id: ${authenticated_id}}}"
interface = <; ${if exists{/etc/virtual/domainips}{${lookup{$sender_address_domain}lsearch*$
helo_data = ${if exists{/etc/virtual/helo_data}{${lookup{$sending_ip_address}iplsearch{/etc$
hosts_try_chunking =

I've replace with

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
hosts_try_chunking =

If you can confirm.

And this is my output

[root@server1 directadmin]# ./directadmin c | grep dkim
dkim=1
dkim_selector=x

No. You do not need to change your exim.conf if you are using the newest spamblocker exim.conf file 4.5.14.

Check this guide:
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=569
and skip the exim editting when you have used the spamblocker exim.conf file (highly recommendable).

SPF is already created present by default.

simply not enough secure options with DA to make email more secure.
There is, you just did not find them.
SPF is indeed not really mentioned because this is already installed by default.
The other options mentioned are easy to setup. So it does not lack options compared to cPanel for SPF, DKIM and DMARC.

This is why its gets confusing as they is multiple links addressing the same issues.

Here's my output (exactly the same as the top link on this thread!)

./directadmin c | grep dkim
dkim=1
dkim_selector=x

Eva200's guide is the same as I already said. Use my help.directadmin.com link and skip the exim section when using the spamblocker exim.conf. ;)
You should be fine.

Back