"Traditional" subtheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
We've created first sub-theme for Evolution, which is named "traditional". As it's layout-only thing, you get new features with every update of Evolution :) It's first iteration, so, if you'd like something to be applied for this specific subtheme - please mention it in this thread.
Screenshot: https://custombuild.eu/evolution/traditional.png

To get it installed:
1) Make sure DirectAdmin version is at least 1.58.1

2) Install sub-theme:
Code:
mkdir -p /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/skin_customizations/evolution/themes
cd /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/skin_customizations/evolution/themes
wget -O traditional.tar.gz https://demo.directadmin.com/download/traditional.tar.gz
tar xzf traditional.tar.gz
chown -R diradmin:diradmin /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/skin_customizations/evolution

3) You should see "Traditional" as "Theme" option now, in addition to the "Default" one :)

If you'd like to create your own subtheme, please check https://gitlab.com/jbmc-software/evolution-theme-starter

Thank you!

Last edited:
Looks Great!

Any updates on more features to come? Time line?

With this skin, clients will not be disoriented.
Thank you very much for this work.

after changing to traditional subtheme, the display remains unchanged :D

Great Job @Martynas
looks awesome :) .. Theme starter will make user easy to build their own skin

Can I just ask Mark mate can you do a an evolution theme using the Font-Awesome icons? the free version.

Where should I find this?

3) You should see "Traditional" as "Theme" option now, in addition to the "Default" one

I don't see a Theme option in both "Customize Evolution Skin" or "Skin Options".

Where should I find this?

I don't see a Theme option in both "Customize Evolution Skin" or "Skin Options".

I guess you might be running an old version of DirectAdmin then. Please try pre-release.

I guess you might be running an old version of DirectAdmin then. Please try pre-release.

I'm using the pre-release version but I can't find the Theme option.

Code:
./directadmin o
Compiled on 'CentOS 7.0 64-Bit'
Compile time: Aug  5 2019 at 15:29:37
Timestamp: '1565040524'
Compiled with IPv6

I'm using the pre-release version but I can't find the Theme option.

Code:
./directadmin o
Compile time: Aug  5 2019 at 15:29:37
Timestamp: '[URL="tel:1565040524"]1565040524[/URL]'
Compiled with IPv6

Maybe some custom skin then? You may create a support ticket for this :)

Hello @martynas how to used icon grid layout and sub theme traditional for default all user in DA ( admin, all reseller list , and all whole user list in server ) and for new user ?
i see default layout is standard and theme is default

Hello @martynas how to used icon grid layout and sub theme traditional for default all user in DA ( admin, all reseller list , and all whole user list in server ) and for new user ?
i see default layout is standard and theme is default

This can be done in "Customize Evolution Skin" section under reseller level.

Hello Martynas!
It's great that we have the opportunity to customize the skin! We managed to change css, everything works! :)

But changing the menu did not work. The compiled file was located on the path /assets/themes/subthemename/menu/user.json (with the contents as in the example https://gitlab.com/jbmc-software/evolution-theme-starter), but the changes were not accepted.

Another important point, maybe this will help someone: don't use the "-" sign in the name of the subtheme directory, in this case an error occurs: "command = '/assets/themes/subtheme-name/layout/sidebar.css' contains invalid characters". If the "-" sign is removed, the error disappears.

And my main question is: How to make the widget (or my other information) appear in the left sidebar after the menu in the "sidebar" theme?

I have a problem, only on 1 server. Subtheme options appear for admin users only. for other users there is no subtheme option.

Compile time: Aug 7 2019 at 00:28:32
Timestamp: '1565159259'
Compiled with IPv6

I don't know if this is the correct topic, but when will autologin be launched in the / phpmyadmin database and email accounts?
CPanel customers have been living with this for some time and will miss it.

I have a problem, only on 1 server. Subtheme options appear for admin users only. for other users there is no subtheme option.

I am getting this as well - I did speak to the support team, but they didn't seem to understand how to fix this either :-/

I installed the traditional sub theme and it is not displayed to my reseller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back