Clone directadmin server configurations

Marks

Verified User
I need to configure another directadmin server, with the same settings as the current one.

Can I copy everything from one server to another?

The only changes would be in DNS, hostname and so on.

Is there also any optimization guide? for server with nginx, apache, mariadb and etc?

Is there also any optimization guide? for server with nginx, apache, mariadb and etc?

Not that I have ever seen so far. You would need to research each Application and tune eg "nginx, apache, mariadb and etc" according to their recommendations.

DA isn't married to your OS its more of a helper..

Not that I have ever seen so far. You would need to research each Application and tune eg "nginx, apache, mariadb and etc" according to their recommendations.

DA isn't married to your OS its more of a helper..

I thought I could copy the following files to have a pre-configured server:

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf
/usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf

I thought I could copy the following files to have a pre-configured server:

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf
/usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf

You should be able to create the file - /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf - before running the setup.sh script and CustomBuild will use the options defined in that file when running CustomBuild during the setup process.

But be sure you do a

echo 2.0 > /root/.custombuild

before running the setup.sh script. I found out the hard way that apparently CustomBuild 2.0 still isn't default, so that flag has to be set prior to running setup.sh

You will also want to populate any CustomBuild customizations, i.e. the files/directories in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom prior to running setup.sh.

If you have any other customizations, such as exim configuration customizations, you'll have to place those files in their designated spots and run

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build exim_conf

After the setup is finished. The CustomBuild during setup does not appear to pick up on those files, I don't know why.

Then you can set your /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf after setup.sh and restart the DirectAdmin service to have those changes go into effect.

By all accounts it's fairly easy to develop a template system of all of the necessary files needed to replicate a DirectAdmin setup across multiple servers. You just have to know what file structures to have and insure that you have them all.

Back