Thread: CentOS 7 required packages

CentOS 7 required packages

I've just discovered that in order to install the COMMODO rules via CustomBuild 2.0 I first need to install perl-libwww-perl

It's taken me a whole afternoon of headbanging to establish this, because I'd assumed that the common pre-install commands page was complete.

https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=354

On Rehat/Fedora/CentOS:

yum install wget gcc gcc-c++ flex bison make bind bind-libs bind-utils openssl openssl-devel perl quota libaio
    libcom_err-devel libcurl-devel gd zlib-devel zip unzip libcap-devel cronie bzip2 cyrus-sasl-devel perl-ExtUtils-Embed
    autoconf automake libtool which patch mailx bzip2-devel lsof glibc-headers kernel-devel expat-devel db4-devel

CentOS 7
    Add all of the above CentOS packages except db4-devel, then include these ones as well:

yum install psmisc net-tools systemd-devel libdb-devel perl-DBI perl-Perl4-CoreLibs xfsprogs rsyslog logrotate crontabs file kernel-headers

Are there any other packages that I'm going to find I need when trying to configure common out-of-the-box DirectAdmin components and plugins?

Quote Originally Posted by 01i View Post
    I've just discovered that in order to install the COMMODO rules via CustomBuild 2.0 I first need to install perl-libwww-perl

Are there any other packages that I'm going to find I need when trying to configure common out-of-the-box DirectAdmin components and plugins?
    yeah it's needed if you want to use CSF Firewall too https://servermanager.guide/162/how-...entos-7/#step1

The list is complete for running DirectAdmin but not for any of the extra stuff you might want.
    Floyd Morrissette Little Creek Hosting
    Web Hosting Solutions. Virtual Private Servers
    DirectAdmin Administration and Support
    Our focus is on quality customer support

comodo modsecurity has a bug for me right now it is not being installed