The price

daz123

I think that it is overpriced, unless you are lucky enough to get a license from your provider. I am looking forward to seeing what this lite version is about but I suspect it will still be; overpriced. For people like me that just wants to play with the server and php; it is simply overpriced.

Well, if the price is too high for you, use a VPS provider which offers DirectAdmin for free. I know one provider, it is https://intovps.com/plans.html
TransIP offers DirectAdmin standard with monthly fee of 5 EURO month. There are for sure other providers, I'm not aware of, which can offer the same.

Retail prices are supposed to be the most expensive (and least desirable) option. They are one option, but not the cheapest option. But no matter what you are buying, a control panel or a new car.. everyone knows "retail" means paying the most.

Getting a license through your datacenter/server provider is almost always the better deal. Datacenters get lower prices because support is their responsibility, and they pass on these lower prices to you. And while they are helping you (and giving you a cheaper license), we can focus on development.

Retail prices are supposed to be the most expensive (and least desirable) option. They are one option, but not the cheapest option. But no matter what you are buying, a control panel or a new car.. everyone knows "retail" means paying the most.

Getting a license through your datacenter/server provider is almost always the better deal. Datacenters get lower prices because support is their responsibility, and they pass on these lower prices to you. And while they are helping you (and giving you a cheaper license), we can focus on development.
It does make sense . This motivates me to to pester my vps provider even more offer this control panel.

I note that the annual license is no longer offered, I understand that the license for life is no longer offered but not the annual license.

More like it

Hi all,

Yesterday, I was looking at $300, and today I'm looking at $2/mo, this is more like it.:cool:

Hi all,

Yesterday, I was looking at $300, and today I'm looking at $2/mo, this is more like it.:cool:

right after that post i made I seen that change on the site. the prices look decent.

limits

right after that post i made I seen that change on the site. the prices look decent.

Indeed, there are many VPS providers that will give you a license for free nowadays, a license without limits, so still the retail pricing is not as good as getting a license from your provider.

I can vouch for IntoVPS being a good provider as I have used them in the past, I also recommend Inception Hosting/Cloudvider who will provide you with a free license aswell.

Back