cPanel Migration does not restore database

josephh

Verified User
Hello guys, I'm migrating accounts from cPanel to DA. But when the account is restored in DA, everything is restored except for database and this only happens for some accounts.

The restore log does not contain any error information either.

Hello guys, I'm migrating accounts from cPanel to DA. But when the account is restored in DA, everything is restored except for database and this only happens for some accounts.

The restore log does not contain any error information either.

Are these backups migrated from Plesk to cPanel? We've seen such a case when database name has no _ character in it at all, for example, just "database", instead of user_database. What is the database name?

Are these backups migrated from Plesk to cPanel? We've seen such a case when database name has no _ character in it at all, for example, just "database", instead of user_database. What is the database name?

This were created directly in cPanel. Database name of one of the accounts is "wp548"

Does cPanel allow creating database names without user_ part in the beginning?

Yah, I have noticed this for a bout 3 months now. You can create usernames and dababase without "_"

cPanel has an option to enable or disable "Require a username prefix on names of new databases and database users" turns out we had this set off :(

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20190819224009.png

Last edited:
I've had that same issue granted mine still had the data intact though. just no user

Would you mind providing the problematic cpmove file? DirectAdmin has no such setting, so, it'd need to rename all to username_databasename.

Would you mind providing the problematic cpmove file? DirectAdmin has no such setting, so, it'd need to rename all to username_databasename.

Already provided one of the backup files Ticket #18787

Please let me know the output of: head -n2 /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/cpanel_to_da/cpanel_to_da.sh

Also, any errors in message system? I think script has not been updated :)

Please let me know the output of: head -n2 /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/cpanel_to_da/cpanel_to_da.sh

Also, any errors in message system? I think script has not been updated :)

#!/bin/sh
#VERSION=0.0.29

Last edited:
I see it works... and it changes the wp-config.php values for database as well.

My mistake was after manual update via ssh, i clicked update in custombuild which downgraded me again. I have tested it with multiple accounts and it works perfectly
Thanks a lot mate

Last edited:
You're welcome! Thanks for testing, will put it into production soon.

Yep!

Another prime example of cPanel's "This is a GREAT idea! We're going to implement this without any fore thought being put into this decision at all"

Back