User can send mail and is still blocked by BFM

Richard G

Verified User
I have a very odd issue with a customer of ours.

He had to rebuild his laptop using Outlook 2016 Professional plus. Now he has 2 email accounts. One for his ISP and one for us.
As far as I can see, the settings are correct, I checked with teamviewer. He can also get and send mail.

In the maillog the user can be seen authenticating, everything goes well without issues.
But then suddenly this happens:

Code:
Aug 22 13:42:02 server18 dovecot[28274]: imap-login: Disconnected (auth failed, 1 attempts in 2 secs): user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=84.28.xxx.xxx, lip=46.4.xxx.xxx, TLS: Connection closed, session=<OSWGLbOxxxxxxxxx+K>

Only when "disconnected" appears, regularly he gets a auth failed. And for this reason DA BFM put's him in the block. If I get him out of the block, he can receive and send mail, and then a minute later or so suddenly this disconnect appears again with auth failed.

I already tried:
./build update
./build dovecot
./build todovecot
./build dovecot_conf

To be sure that is not the reason. As far as I can see, this is the only user having this issue.

He does use a backup of an outlook datafile and we had some issues synching because at first he removed a mail submap from his Outlook which caused some troubles.

If necessary we could delete and re-create this account as it's imap. But maybe somebody knows what's going on, why auth is ok and when disconnecting the auth failed happens.

Back