Thread: License question

License question

I see that an "Admin" account is created by default when you first install DirectAdmin, does this account count against the "1 user account limit" for the personal licenses? telling by this page it looks like it does, but then how do you add websites, e-mail accounts etc within the panel itself? can an existing user be converted into admin so you can then remove the "admin" account?

Thanks in advance.

You can all of the website stuff to the admin account just like any other user.
    Floyd Morrissette Little Creek Hosting
    Web Hosting Solutions. Virtual Private Servers
    DirectAdmin Administration and Support
    Our focus is on quality customer support

Quote Originally Posted by floyd View Post
    You can all of the website stuff to the admin account just like any other user.
    Thanks, I just realized about the user levels feature on the top right, hadn't played enough with the demo yet.

Greetings!

In your start screen there is a section "Access Level".
    Admin Level
    Reseller Level
    User Level

For adding domains, you should go to "User Level".
    Probe my IP

Quote Originally Posted by Wanabo View Post
    In your start screen there is a section "Access Level".
    Admin Level
    Reseller Level
    User Level

For adding domains, you should go to "User Level".
    Thanks for your help, I appreciate it, I now can see this.

Can not cancel my license

I tried to buy a one year license from directadmin.com site but could not complete due to payment problems. Now I want to buy license from a another reseller, but they say my server's IP address is dedicated to that license (the one that I couldn't buy).

In my dashboard (https://directadmin.com/clients/) I see the license, but I cannot delete it. what should I do?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soheil1986 View Post
    I tried to buy a one year license from directadmin.com site but could not complete due to payment problems. Now I want to buy license from a another reseller, but they say my server's IP address is dedicated to that license (the one that I couldn't buy).

In my dashboard (https://directadmin.com/clients/) I see the license, but I cannot delete it. what should I do?

thanks

you need to create a support request and request that the ip address be deleted.