we need to stress jetbackup!

They said around 6 months to complete.....

To be fair I like JetBackup, but if someone else comes up with something similar I would be happy. I tried the modmaster one, but it doesn't support disaster recovery at the moment also it would be nice to manage all the backups in the admin section (unless I am missing something)

I would aprefer the Acronis backup to be honest....

The built in backup and restore for DirectAdmin works well, it's just a shame that it does full backups and has no retention options, you need to create a backup task for daily / weekly / monthly...

obviously the amount of data transferred each time won't help big servers.

The built in backup and restore for DirectAdmin works well, it's just a shame that it does full backups and has no retention options, you need to create a backup task for daily / weekly / monthly... .

It would be a nonsense. Yes, we are accustomed to cpanel doing so, but it's a nonsense.
Backup need to be done on a storage different from the one of the backupped system (different SAN, different data center, different geolocation, different planet) and, when written, there should be no way from the backup system to modify or cancel it.
So, retention has to be managed by a different system, with different access policy and different credentials.

they never said any eta, they already lunched linux based without panel, they just need to put intergrtion to DA, i dont think it will take 6 month.
plus i think its an high priority for them cause alot of people migrating to DirectAdmin and need a solid solution

I see JetBackup will be release soon for DA at the end of Q1. 2020

This is great news.

I know my customers would like this.

Currently, I rely on the native backup solution and a lot of times, I end up doing the restores on the behalf of the customer.

We posted it in WHT.

we’ve had a few issues and since installing it our CPU usage has been massive with no actual backup set.

Back