How to see maximum disk space as admin?

borgqueenx

Verified User
I would like to see the maximum space in the VPS as a administrator, is there a way to do that?
I only see "infinite".

Hello,

As admin go to "Complete Usage Statistics" page to see how much disk space your server has.

At the bottom of the Complete Usage Statistics page, you can see each partition, and the disk space used. That's great. But it would be nice to see how much disk space and bandwidth are being used on those pretty graphs on the Admin Stats summary (the first thing you see when logging in) as a percentage of your total VPS allowance. I assume that's what @borgqueenx was asking about? All I can see are a series of grey bars that look completely empty (since it's trying to show usage as a percentage of infinity).

How can I configure DirectAdmin to show the real quotas, instead of saying it's ∞ (infinity)?

At the bottom of the Complete Usage Statistics page, you can see each partition, and the disk space used. That's great. But it would be nice to see how much disk space and bandwidth are being used on those pretty graphs on the Admin Stats summary (the first thing you see when logging in) as a percentage of your total VPS allowance. I assume that's what @borgqueenx was asking about? All I can see are a series of grey bars that look completely empty (since it's trying to show usage as a percentage of infinity).

How can I configure DirectAdmin to show the real quotas, instead of saying it's ∞ (infinity)?
Some of the below might help.
are quotas on?

quota_partition=/home

The value of the partition you want DA to use for user quotas.
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=159
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=42

ext_quota_partitions=(null)

If you have another partition you want DA to count, specify that partition here.
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=611

Thanks Brent. Yep, quotas are on. (Should I be using journaled quota BTW?) The quota_partition is set to `/` (since I don't have a separate home partition). And I can confirm that all the accounts are showing values for storage space used.

To clarify the issue, in the DirectAdmin Admin Stats panel, I can see numerical totals for each category: Disk Space, Bandwidth, Inode, etc. But the bar graphs don't show up because the total available is supposedly infinite (I wish!) If I roll over each of the numbers, it shows something like '2.77 GB / ∞'. (See screenshot.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 6.38.32 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 6.38.32 pm.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 129
Do you have cron setup in DA via custom build? Maybe tally isn’t running. Also in the said users package do you have it set to some amount or is it set to unlimited?

Yes, tally is running each night (10 minutes after midnight according to /var/log/directadmin/system.log). User packages all have limits set, and when logged in as user, the bar graphs work just fine. I'm talking about the stats for the whole VPS, which you see on the DA home screen when logged in as Admin. My VPS provider allows me only so much disk space and bandwidth of course, but these bar graphs assume infinite resources.

DirectAdmin knows how big my main partition is (shown in Server Statistics), but it doesn't reflect this on the graph. I suppose DA can't know what my total bandwidth allowance is, so I can understand why I might need to set this manually. Surely there is a way to configure both of these?

Also, I wonder why memory usage isn't shown here? That would be useful. Instead you need to dig down into System Info.

The closest I've been able to get, is to create a Reseller Package with the bandwidth and disk space limits of the server, apply that package to the Admin user (me), and then switch to reseller level. This makes the bar graphs meaningful, but it means I still don't see them when I first log in. Is this the expected behaviour then?

Back