Directadmin and user count, what really counts?

borgqueenx

Verified User
Im considering taking directadmin again if i need to switch hosts (now its free/included)
But im wondering what the 2 dollar per month version exactly means?
Does it mean you can literary only have one user in directadmin?
Or you can have subusers for the domains you add?
Because every domain i have has a seperate user i can log onto.

Personal license is exactly what it says. 1 account and 10 domains. So no more users for the domains. Only 1 user in directadmin.
Subusers are also users, so no, they are not possible in the personal license.

If you need that, you need to think about the lite version. Or maybe get a full version via your host/datacenter which often have them for free or around $ 5,- a month.

Some additions here, with personal license you actually can not create users, you will use the only one existing admin user. Probably you might rename it.

With the limit of 10 domains you can still create sub-domains without a limit on the latest.

Hmm... Do /home folders stay the same when having all domains under a single account? I wonder how easy it is to migrate current users to a single account.

All user's files will be placed under /home/admin/domains/

Recently I've migrated a non-directadmin server to a directadmin server with a personal license. I would say it's enough easy and hard at the same time. Easy because I know how DirectAdmin works and hard because I worked with sites I did not know before, there were some issues with WP plugins and addons. Anyway it all has been solved enough quick: moved files, renamed databases, updated configs.

I don't know how much easy will it be in your case. Give it a try and let us know.

Back