How to restore sent email

ardantus

Verified User
Hello

i have success migrate from cpanel to DA, inbox email not lost but i dont see sent email box in roundcube or squirrelmail, how to restore sent email from cpanel?

If it's imap and you have the cPanel server still in place, then you might want to try imapsync (click) to get all mails and folders over.
This should include the sent folder in that case.
You also need the password of the email account if I'm not mistaken.
I used it last month to transfer mail accounts from Plesk to Directadmin.

I have found simple solution and its work but need assist howto migrate all not per account.

i have try copy from /home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/MAILACCOUNT/Maildir/.Sent/cur/ into
/home/USER/imap/DOMAIN.TLD/MAILACCOUNT/Maildir/.INBOX.Sent/cur/

Example [email protected]

Then just chown USER:mail *

We are experiencing the same issue and we have thousands of accounts we transferred across but find this to be the main issue we are experiencing now.

Iniitally we thought customers email were not transferred across but looking at the contents its identical except DA uses a different Sent folder than cPanel hence as you stated above your fix does fix the issue. Just going to be tough weekend to go through all accounts we find this issue on.

Attachments

• sentitems.png
    sentitems.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 134
Seems to me like a bug in the conversion script. Maybe one of you can send in a ticket so it will be fixed and you can also can get a command to fix this for all accounts some how?

HI

I'm just updating this post as 1 year later this this still happens, we're using the cPanel import tool.

Can someone from DirectAdmin comment on this thread?

We are experiencing the same issue and we have thousands of accounts we transferred across but find this to be the main issue we are experiencing now.

Iniitally we thought customers email were not transferred across but looking at the contents its identical except DA uses a different Sent folder than cPanel hence as you stated above your fix does fix the issue. Just going to be tough weekend to go through all accounts we find this issue on.
Do you solve this?

Back