Why all outgoing email stuck in mail queue

Faisalmnr

Hi forum member,
I am new at DA community, having fresh installation of DirectAdmin with csf+lfd, comodo waf, clamav. I have successfully transferred an account from cpanel to DA. Everything is website is also accessible. I have created new email and try sending test email. But email stuck in queue. I dont know why. Then i recognised that DA system send too much alerts at my admin email (gmail address), finally all the outgoing emails are stuck in mail queue. What can i do? Plz help me regarding.

First of all, check your logs like /var/log/exim/mainlog and /var/log/exim/rejectlog.
I presume you already have the newer exim and spamblocker exim.conf (4.5.x) installed with blockcraking and ESF an spamassassin.
Next to that, take care your DA box install's SPF and DKIM records for your users automatically.

If DA is sending out too much alerts, what kind of alerts? It's also possible to prevent certain alerts, depending on what they are.
But that is what you might look for. I can't be of much help further, it's 03.20 AM over here so I'm going to sleep.

First of all, check your logs like /var/log/exim/mainlog and /var/log/exim/rejectlog.
I presume you already have the newer exim and spamblocker exim.conf (4.5.x) installed with blockcraking and ESF an spamassassin.
Next to that, take care your DA box install's SPF and DKIM records for your users automatically.

If DA is sending out too much alerts, what kind of alerts? It's also possible to prevent certain alerts, depending on what they are.
But that is what you might look for. I can't be of much help further, it's 03.20 AM over here so I'm going to sleep.

Thanks Richard G, but all the alerts are normal e.g. when I am creating account then system sent an email to the user email address, also brute force attack alert notification as well as csf+lfd user process email etc. but all the emails are stuck in the mail queue. what can I do. plz help me. Thanks in advance.

I would like to help you, but I'm too busy at this moment installing and configuring 2 new servers which we soon need to move customers to as replacement of an old server.
Might have a bit more time tomorrow.

Have a look via Diractadmin -> Admin level -> mailqueue manager. Open a couple of the queued mails in there.
There must be some reason there or in the logs why the mails are kept in the queue.

Another option. Be sure you have an admin email address set for your site.
https://help.poralix.com/articles/how-to-change-admin-email-address-in-directadmin

You can also (I always do) use /etc/aliaes and put this in there at the bottom:
Code:
The newaliases command should not be necessary but I always to that and reload exim. Might also help sending mails from root or csf notifications.

If emails get stuck in a queue when sending to Gmail it might happen because of any of the following reasons:

1. Your sending rate it too big. Gmail limits sending rate.
2. Gmail does not want emails from your domain/IP and blocks connections

Exim will defer delivering to the same destination domain if previous deliveries failed, hence you see many emails in a queue.

Beside that already mentioned by Richard you should read https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en and make sure you've got

1. correct rDNS for IPv4
2. correct rDNS for IPv6
3. correct SPF records for your domains/hostname
4. correct DKIM for domains/hostname
5. good reputation of the assigned IP and subnet
6. a correct MX record for your hostname

A previous server owner might had ruined a reputation for the assigned IP.

For your case I'd highly suggest change your settings and send all emails from DirectAdmin to your local email account created in DirectAdmin. Then you configure Gmail account to fetch emails from your server via POP/IMAP. This way you will avoid future issues with mail deliveries to Gmail.

And yes, proceed and disable unwanted alerts.

Back