Thread: How to choose MariaDB and PHP versions for fresh DA install?

How to choose MariaDB and PHP versions for fresh DA install?

When I install DA on a new server, I've done both ways - manual choosing the CustomBuild option in Setup, and the "auto" parameter for an easy DA setup.

What are the steps to choose the specific versions of the software you want the first time you install DA?

For example, I want to install DirectAdmin with Apache 2.4, MariaDB 10.2, and PHP 7.

It would be nice to choose exactly what is wanted, instead of having to install DA and then remove MySQL and upgrade everything else.

Running CentOS 7 if it matters.

Thanks in advance.
    Follow me on Twitter

1. do installation normally (choose apache, php 7 etc)
    2. when it asks you if you want to to search for fastest mirrors, pause here (dont answer yet) and ssh to your server, edit the "/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf" and choose exactly what you want here, for example set mysql_inst to mariadb, also choose the version for example set mariadb to 10.4
    3. save the file and continue the installation.
    Last edited by Hosting Kernel; 09-10-2019 at 05:56 AM.
    100% Cloud SSD Hosting starting from $1.12

Now accept Bitcoin payment!

https://hostingkernel.com

Thanks. That worked exactly as you described.

I chose a normal CentOS 7 installation, waited at the question asking for fastest mirrors, SSH into the server from a second terminal window, and I was able to make changes to the options.conf file, telling DA to install PHP 5 and 7 along with MariaDB 10.2

And then chose yes for the fastest mirrors and everything worked great when finished.

Thank you for the assist.
    Follow me on Twitter

you are welcome
    100% Cloud SSD Hosting starting from $1.12

Now accept Bitcoin payment!

https://hostingkernel.com