emails sending from host going to spamlist

mo.rahimpoor

Verified User
hi everyBody
im new here...
i have problem with sending emails
every emails sended buy my sharing host, is going to spambox in any mail servers (gmail,hotmail.yahoo and etc)
what can i do !?
Please Help ME...

You should contact your host for help. Good chance his server is on an spam blacklist.
Could also be something else, but this forum is foru admins and resellers, can't help end users with this. Because in most of these cases things have to be changed at admin level.

You should contact your host for help. Good chance his server is on an spam blacklist.
Could also be something else, but this forum is foru admins and resellers, can't help end users with this. Because in most of these cases things have to be changed at admin level.

i am host admin!
i want to fix this issue for my customers...

every emails sended buy my sharing host,
Because you wrote it like this I thought it were mails send by your host. So you are your own host.

In that case check your exim logs and check your server ip in the spamlist databases.

Also if you want us to help, you have to give us some more information like email address and server domain or even better, server hostname.

Because you wrote it like this I thought it were mails send by your host. So you are your own host.

In that case check your exim logs and check your server ip in the spamlist databases.

Also if you want us to help, you have to give us some more information like email address and server domain or even better, server hostname.

yea my english is not good.
Thanks for reply...
server is'nt in blacklist or something like this...
i scan server with mxtoolbox, no problem with any thing just this : SMTP Reverse DNS Mismatch Reverse DNS does not contain the hostname

SMTP Reverse DNS Mismatch Reverse DNS does not contain the hostname
That will cause problems in most cases, so you have to fix that.

Also check the tips Zeiter gave in the other thread.

When ready, check with mail-tester.com your score. If everything is ok you should be able to get a 10/10 or at least 8/10.

Richard, unfortunately 10/10 do not guarantee deliver-ability of emails any longer, and still it's a good point to start from.

Does anybody else see the trend of giant mail services such as Gmail, Hotmail to block emails from private servers even with correct SFP/DKIM/rDNS settings?

Even more an IP/domain from the banlist of OVH (as they claim) can not be removed ever... They refuse to delist IPs, domains from their own banlist. Should you be black-listed once by them, you will never get your domain delisted.

Richard, unfortunately 10/10 do not guarantee deliver-ability of emails any longer, and still it's a good point to start from.

Does anybody else see the trend of giant mail services such as Gmail, Hotmail to block emails from private servers even with correct SFP/DKIM/rDNS settings?

Even more an IP/domain from the banlist of OVH (as they claim) can not be removed ever... They refuse to delist IPs, domains from their own banlist. Should you be black-listed once by them, you will never get your domain delisted.

YUP for longer now even with ( you know the test links) things ok. ( in de dmarc reports from google and yahoo and microsoft...)

IF sending in lower quantities ip reputation is hard for mail. ( THAT is why i am so angry if we have to have another ip if hosters change some .... )

But the services for mail yup you know them are wanting you all to go to them and have your mail snooped, or even you pay a lot extra.

White list services the good ones cost also .

This again as if Google is "no search engine" ( shopping platform with all using "very private" DATA from everybody) for long times, because of MONOPOLs i guess.
( YEA they are all saying to do it for the best............ )

Also if you have some maybe naught words in your domain names ( firmname as example "play-..." ) even without beeing that naught but serious firm. ( you have to take care of commerce text and much more) (Naming firmname 3.. or whatever times in mail could be to much then)

Worse if you are using mail from dynamic IP's from you isp provider those are often black or at some spamlists always greylisted.

ANd delisting is a crime while people / company's makes al lot of money with that to. ( for this that should be made impossible by LAW)

( NOT delisting or asking money for this is a very unethical thing if you are not spamming anymore (while a persons pc was hacked.... before) )

Even if almost as you can see everything is 100% example.

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Language: nl
Forward-Confirmed-ReverseDNS: Reverse and forward lookup success on "our ipv6 sendingserver", -10 Spam score
SPFCheck: Server passes SPF test, -30 Spam score
X-DKIM: signer='ourmailsending domain' status='pass' reason=''
DKIMCheck: Server passes DKIM test, -20 Spam score
X-Spam-Score: -2.1 (--)
X-Spam-Report: Spam detection software, running on the system "our-da server.com",
has NOT identified this incoming email as spam. The original
message has been attached to this so you can view it or label
similar future email. If you have any questions, see
the administrator of that system for details.

Content preview: ik wil het weten

Content analysis details: (-2.1 points, 4.5 required)

pts rule name description
---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
-1.9 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 0 to 1%
[score: 0.0000]
0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was
blocked. See
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
for more information.
[URIs: ourmailsending domain]
-0.0 SPF_HELO_PASS SPF: HELO matches SPF record
-0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
-0.1 DKIM_VALID_AU Message has a valid DKIM or DK signature from
author's domain
-0.1 DKIM_VALID Message has at least one valid DKIM or DK signature
0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily
valid
-0.1 DKIM_VALID_EF Message has a valid DKIM or DK signature from
envelope-from domain
SpamTally: Final spam score: -80
X-Antivirus-Scanner: Clean mail though you should still use an Antivirus

This is not ok a dnsblocklist blocked have some work if time. :(
0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was
blocked. See
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/...ts#dnsbl-block
for more information.

Last edited:
That's correct Alex, but at least a 10/10 points out you have your mail system configured correctly with SPF and DKIM and rDNS and such.

Yes, but mainly with Micorosft mail like Outlook and hotmail. Cause of this is mainly the dynamic spam filter which Gmail is also using. This is listening to what users define as spam.
Just some simple example. We have some hobby forums on our servers. One of them is mine and from a second I'm technical admin, but there are more forums and webshops.
Users register at these forums and shops. After some time they leave them, but do not unsubscribe. So they keep get emails from example new products, or new pm's they get or reply's to threads they subscribed to.

Instead of just mail back and see they want the account removed, they just mark these mails as spam. This was even happening with birthday messages a forum send. And since I was also tech admin, and got the mails back via de mailer-daemon, I could see that it was those birthday messages.
Next we know we were on the spamlist from Microsoft. So I mailed the user and explained what he was causing. But he was very arrogant and told he couldn't care, so I removed his account and send him a very unfriendly email.

However, this is happening all around, but what next.
I had to mail Microsoft to get our server delisted. At first you get a default answer. You have to reply to that to get a real employee looking at it. Then I had to explain my case. No I could not be delisted as this was caused by the dynamic filter (so the one cause by the users) and they can't delist.

Again I had to give a good comment since we were on not a single list for many years and also were already many years member of Microsoft's SDNS and JMRP and had a good reputation on the cisco list.
It took us various mails and more then a week and then we were finally delisted.

But it can be very very hard, some servers won't get delisted anyway and when you're not a member of SDNS and JMRP you can forget it anyway. But even with being a member of those (it's free) that's no guarantee that in spite of that everythings is configured very well, you can get listed and maybe not delisted.
You get more chance but then you have to subscribe to some other thing Microsoft advises, but that costs money and a bit too much for a little company like mine.

I blaim those blunt users for that, who don't think but just mark anything as spam, and the dynamic filters those big company's are using. And mind... not only the domain get's listed with Microsoft but the server ip, so it affects all customers on that server.
At least gmail starts with blacklisting the domain only.

Last edited:
OK, so I'm not alone here. So a problem exists then can we conclude.

A bad thing about SNDS is that from time to time I had to request delisting of IPs from the servers which are never sending public emails, they even have 25 port blocked. Probably they at Microsoft ban subnets in certain cases.

As for URIBL, they say Do not use free public DNS servers like Google DNS, OpenDNS or Level3 for nameservers in your servers /etc/resolve.conf as some DNS blacklists and whitelists will block queries from DNS servers issuing what they consider too many queries.

So one will need to couple with 3rd party services for sending emails.

As for URIBL, they say Do not use free public DNS servers like Google DNS, OpenDNS or Level3 for nameservers in your servers /etc/resolve.conf as some DNS blacklists and whitelists will block queries from DNS servers issuing what they consider too many queries.
Our servers used 8.8.8.8 from Google and had issues using certain filters. You advised us in the past not to use them as Google had a limit to them, so we use 127.0.0.1 now and 1.1.1.1 as second. That worked and we're still thankfull for that advise.
However, our mail usage and queries are very low and still we can get at blacklists.
Some indeed use subnets and you can have a bad day when you're in a subnet with a bad name.

Couple with 3rd party is too expensive for us, but that could be a good thing for other company's out there. We managed to stay from Microsoft and Google blacklists now for several years, but that's not guarantee at all. It can just take a couple of users just putting mails they subscribed to themselves, into the spambox, to get a block again.
At least in most cases we are warned when this happens since we're on SDNS so we see it coming and maybe take countermeasures (delete those users from forums/webshops or warn admins to remove them) before we're on the blacklist.

There are free accounts for sending low volume emails from mail service providers as well as a free transitional service from VPS providers in NL.

Never received a single email from SNDS about a monitored IPs being added into black-list to @hotmail.com account. Always check I by other means.

guys thanks for all reply's
i check all Whenever I could
but the biggest problem in my server is PTR (rDNS) recording...
i set ptr for server named nsgoogle - hostname that want to send email is AZARMEDIC
each email sended by azarmedic goes to spambox
i check the domain with mxtoolbox and says : Reverse DNS does not contain the hostname
so as i say i set ptr for server and when this error happend i set ptr for azarmedic in dns managment domain service but not recognized by mxtoolbox and also shows the total ptr server (mail.nsgoogle.com)
i think we can't set ptr for each domains in shared directadmin host with one IP... is it true ??
sorry for bad english...

I don't know of free email providers, but I can check or search for them if problems will occur.
I must say that for the dynamic lists (hotmail users define something as spam) I had e-mails about it a couple of times so I could take action. If I'm correct you only get email when you also join the JMRP at SNDS.

The last time on a new server we had, I was unblocked faster when pointing out that I was a SNDS and JMRP and we did not get any abuse mail from there.

But it's no guarantee. Reading experiences from others at forums like webhostingtalk (.com and .nl) there are still situations which do right and don't get unblocked. It's a pity such big company's can define that server ip's would get a definite block.

However I also check by other means. When there are lots of outgoing mails I'm warned by CSF and by Munin too.

I don't know of free email providers, but I can check or search for them if problems will occur.
I must say that for the dynamic lists (hotmail users define something as spam) I had e-mails about it a couple of times so I could take action. If I'm correct you only get email when you also join the JMRP at SNDS.

The last time on a new server we had, I was unblocked faster when pointing out that I was a SNDS and JMRP and we did not get any abuse mail from there.

But it's no guarantee. Reading experiences from others at forums like webhostingtalk (.com and .nl) there are still situations which do right and don't get unblocked. It's a pity such big company's can define that server ip's would get a definite block.

However I also check by other means. When there are lots of outgoing mails I'm warned by CSF and by Munin too.

Thanks Richard G
i check it out...

I know for sure transip.nl offers their SMTP servers for outgoing emails free for their VPS-customers

Joined for several years already, never got an alert from them.

for their VPS-customers
That's not free, that's "free for their customers". :) Seen that way there are a few doing this indeed.

It's odd that you never got an alert from them, I had several over the years. But on a server from somebody else I help, it was gotten in the blacklist and I did not get any alert. So I'm not sure how these alerts are handled and why some are send and others don't receive any.

Back