cPanel (Oakley) Purchases BuycPanel

Richard8

Verified User
It seems the Oakley Capital gang will stop at nothing to buy out everything in the hosting industry. Last year they took over cPanel. They already own Plesk. Now they're coming after the discount licensing websites. Leading cPanel/WHM license house BuycPanel sent this email earlier today regarding their decision. Who's next to be bought out? Yikes...

Please don't let DirectAdmin get caught up in the cash Oakley throws around. They've already swallowed up so many good companies.

I am writing to you today with some important and exciting news about BuycPanel. After careful consideration by our management team, we have accepted an offer to be acquired by cPanel, the industry-leading hosting automation platform. All of us at BuycPanel are excited about this opportunity, especially the extra services, products, and opportunity this makes available to our customers.

As we evaluated our options to continue to grow our company, we determined the best path forward was to join an organization that is customer-centric, has more resources to propel us forward and that will continue to execute on our vision of great service and customer dedication.

We have worked very closely with cPanel for over a decade, and we could not have found a better partner to continue our mission. The cPanel team has been very gracious as we discussed our options and we are looking forward to what the future holds for BuycPanel.

Our commitment to customers is stronger than ever. There is no action required from you at this time. Please continue to use our customer portal for new orders, payments and to contact members of our team. You can still expect 24/7/365 support, and friendly welcoming staff to be available when you need us.

As we work through our integration with cPanel, we will provide updates to you. We deeply value the trust that you have put in BuycPanel over the years and we thank you for your continued support and business.

Sincerely,

The BuycPanel Team

Shocking news again. Anyting on this plannet will acquired by the oakley gang like your name too maybe :D

With the billions offer of money, can the DA owner refuse the oakley offer if it does? :confused: I think not, because the amount of billions of money is everything to live.

Whmcs can be tempted billions of dollars from oakley capital.

Was acquired:

Cpanel
Whmcs
Plesk
Solusvm
Buycpanel
Jetapp as jetbackup

Than ? Cloudlinux has been join to Oakley forum but not yet have news acquired or not.

Last edited:
It seems the Oakley Capital gang will stop at nothing to buy out everything in the hosting industry. Last year they took over cPanel. They already own Plesk. Now they're coming after the discount licensing websites. Leading cPanel/WHM license house BuycPanel sent this email earlier today regarding their decision. Who's next to be bought out? Yikes...

Please don't let DirectAdmin get caught up in the cash Oakley throws around. They've already swallowed up so many good companies.

I am writing to you today with some important and exciting news about BuycPanel. After careful consideration by our management team, we have accepted an offer to be acquired by cPanel, the industry-leading hosting automation platform. All of us at BuycPanel are excited about this opportunity, especially the extra services, products, and opportunity this makes available to our customers.

As we evaluated our options to continue to grow our company, we determined the best path forward was to join an organization that is customer-centric, has more resources to propel us forward and that will continue to execute on our vision of great service and customer dedication.

We have worked very closely with cPanel for over a decade, and we could not have found a better partner to continue our mission. The cPanel team has been very gracious as we discussed our options and we are looking forward to what the future holds for BuycPanel.

Our commitment to customers is stronger than ever. There is no action required from you at this time. Please continue to use our customer portal for new orders, payments and to contact members of our team. You can still expect 24/7/365 support, and friendly welcoming staff to be available when you need us.

As we work through our integration with cPanel, we will provide updates to you. We deeply value the trust that you have put in BuycPanel over the years and we thank you for your continued support and business.

Sincerely,

The BuycPanel Team

I can confirm that!! OMG!!

1. DA ended Owned License.
2. Introduces Account limit license (On starter plan).
3. "Price lock" guarantee promises on pricing page not mentioned in their TOS.

No any offense but as a customer I am worried, It look like preparing for "please buy me".

Last edited:
Shocking news again. Anyting on this plannet will acquired by the oakley gang like your name too maybe :D

With the billions offer of money, can the DA owner refuse the oakley offer if it does? :confused: I think not, because the amount of billions of money is everything to live.

Whmcs can be tempted billions of dollars from oakley capital.

Was acquired:

Cpanel
Whmcs
Plesk
Solusvm
Buycpanel
Jetapp as jetbackup

Than ? Cloudlinux has been join to Oakley forum but not yet have news acquired or not.

Hello @jwn,

I just wanted to clarify that JetApps (JetBackup) is a completely separate corporation and we have no interest in selling JetApps (JetBackup) as our journey has just begun!

Right now we are focused on expanding our development of JetBackup across multiple control panel platforms including DirectAdmin.

With so many amazing features on our current development road map, departing from JetApps is not in our best interest

Sincerely,
Anton
JetApps Team

The question is, who is next? buycpanel did well to sell.... They were obviously given the short straw.

Hello @jwn,

I just wanted to clarify that JetApps (JetBackup) is a completely separate corporation and we have no interest in selling JetApps (JetBackup) as our journey has just begun!

Right now we are focused on expanding our development of JetBackup across multiple control panel platforms including DirectAdmin.

With so many amazing features on our current development road map, departing from JetApps is not in our best interest

Sincerely,
Anton
JetApps Team

There was no any better option was left for you expect selling buycpanel because of new pricing model is bit hard for survival for long time. AlsopPlease develop some other different plugins for DirectAdmin.

There was no any better option was left for you expect selling buycpanel because of new pricing model is bit hard for survival for long time. AlsopPlease develop some other different plugins for DirectAdmin.

Also, it is not going to make any difference to end users. They were getting same rate from cPanel directly and buycPanel.

Back