Evolution+Tradtional - Make it lightweight, Less JS Files, Remove preloader

DewlanceVPS

Verified User
Hello,

Evolution theme look so good, I really appropriate work of developer/designer and also thanks to DA team for building control panel like DA.

Currently If your internet speed is slow and you click on any link, It will look like nothing is happening. You will click on it again unless it load contents.

Can you make light weight theme of Evolution theme with subtheme(Traditional).

- Less JS/jQuery/Ajax files.
- No preloader.
- Clickable links (Simple link, Not Ajax/jQuery loader link)
- Separate Main UI icons svg file so it can be easy to edit icons. (There is thousands of icons in icons.svg file but it would be really great if menu icons which display in DA Admin/Reseller/User panel will be separated from icons.svg to different SVG file.)

Thanks.

Currently If your internet speed is slow and you click on any link, It will look like nothing is happening. You will click on it again unless it load contents.

May you screencast the issue with your "network" tab opened in your browser? We've got 0 tickets/support requests on this, always just forum posts without any further feedback :) Clicking an inner link should by way faster than enhanced theme, because Evolution just downloads some bytes/kilobytes of JSON text file and it does not download anything else (while Enhanced needs to load multiple files on new load).

- Less JS/jQuery/Ajax files.

jQuery is not used there. Ajax is a technique, not a file. Regarding JavaSript - there is a lot of JS in enhanced theme as well. May you let us know what problem is experienced with JavaScript?

- No preloader.

It was discussed in another thread. Isn't 'blank white page' between the page switches annoying as well? :) If we have no pre-loader and no 'blank white page' - how would you know something is happening/loading? (https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=58715&p=300730#post300730)

- Clickable links (Simple link, Not Ajax/jQuery loader link)

May you explain? For example, I've tried to click on "Show All Users", I can click it without problems, can right-click and open in new tab etc.

- Separate Main UI icons svg file so it can be easy to edit icons. (There is thousands of icons in icons.svg file but it would be really great if menu icons which display in DA Admin/Reseller/User panel will be separated from icons.svg to different SVG file.)

Individual icons can be replaced using "Customize Evolution Skin" under reseller level.

Thank you, waiting for more feedback! :)

The feedback from @DewlanceVPS is true. If you use da from a third world country where the net speeds are UN-predictable it just looks like da is taking ages to load with Evolution theme.

Probably, @smtalk and the dev team uses high speed internet and dont feel the pain in waiting.

It would be great if we have some kind of legacy version selectable for the users( like twitter mobile legacy version or gmail html version ).

I can share the same feelings about the loading speed.

As @raghav said, using DA from a 3G connection or a slower broadband connection will make everyone hates DA.

I got many user feedback, and I couldn't point them that it is their Internet speed. In reality, when they were using cPanel, the internal page loading was smooth.

I usually tell my customers that the DA team is working on it as I read somewhere that you will add gzip to DA.

@smtalk, you may opt to see the speed by throttling the Network in Chrome DevTools if that is your preferred web browser.

The Network tab in Chrome DevTools has an option to faux throttle your network, so you can experience what your users might experience visiting your website on 3G or 2G connections.

Yes, gzip is going to be added to make the first-load fast, as it’s 1.6MB now :) This should really help.

May you explain? For example, I've tried to click on "Show All Users", I can click it without problems, can right-click and open in new tab etc.

Individual icons can be replaced using "Customize Evolution Skin" under reseller level.

Thank you, waiting for more feedback! :)

Cap your speed to 250Kbps and then check it.

If any DA customer ask me that they are facing xyz issue then it takes me 10 to 15 minute to modify account while with any other panel I can do multiple work because of no speed issue. I can open most of panels like CentOS Web Panel, etc without any issue but with direct admin I need to wait for at lest 3 to 4 minute just for checking "show all accounts" page and 2 minute for login.

Please do something. I don't know much about ajax/java.

;(

Thank you. Any one tested this feature? Loading speed comparisons?

Thank you. Any one tested this feature? Loading speed comparisons?

Fast, Now it takes 10 seconds to login to directadmin from DA Login page.

(Update: But still slow, Not fast like cPanel or other theme of DirectAdmin which does not use Ajax loading)

Last edited:
Back