cPanel to DA import - some subdomains are not properly handled (404)

wdc

Verified User
I already found at least three accounts (those that was migrated from CPanel to DA) which subdomains was not loading (404 Not found). The subdomain directory was on same level as a domain:

/domains/maindomain.com
/domains/subdomain.com

(subdomain.com was earlier a domain on cpanel server, but was turned into subdomain)

DirectAdmin should recognize better if something is domain or subdomain and move the subdomain's directory to its proper place.

Currently i have to 1) create subdomain via DirectAdmin, 2) delete the diectory it created (in order to remove unwanted index.html - it would override my index.php) and then move the
/domains/subdomain.com/public_html
to
/domains/maindomain.com/public_html/subdomain/

Last edited:
Try running this as root user -

/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/set_permissions.sh domaindir domain.com
( replace domain.com with actual domain name )

Let us know if this helps :)

I am not root and not aware about any subdomain i would not manually fixed. So the issue remains, maybe someone will check it.

It you are not the root user, please contact your hosting provider.
They should be able to help you out... you may also refer them to this thread :)

Already did when i created this thread. But developers here seems to be too busy to try to reproduce things i described.

> They should be able to help you out...
i do not need help out, i already wasted my time fixing the issue (re-adding subdomains that was missing and moved files) while my websites was down due to the import bug apparently. :mad:

I only wanted this issue not happen to me and others in future. Hopefuly some developer will try to fix it and PM me if needs more details.

Last edited:
Back