Improve DA UX!

xerox

Verified User
Hi,

To me it's tedious to go around the corner every time i would like to mange an user account, why not go to straight? We cant because there are obstructions ahead.
What is the excuse i don't understand, but the UX experience for admin account is lacking and also is very limited (as an admin).

It should list all the sub accounts without going to reseller account to see and manage FTP Manager, Certificates, it should list all resellers and their domains (with directory tree)!, same goes for MYSQL Management, Domain Pointers, DNS Management etc.

I know i ask a lot, but in my mind this should be improved ASAP. What is more important than sustainability?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Last edited:
An option exists to merge all access levels if you want to have access to all features in one single interface.
The drop down menu “”Hello, admin”, in the top right corner, click it, click “Skin options “, then “Merge Access Levels”

I'd like to note 'global search' also works for every function, if you use it for navigation :)

You cannot even create a cPanel account without a default domain, so DA is still more lenient than cPanel in this respect. Many of the features you’ve accessed need to be mapped to a domain, so it makes sense to require the domain be added before using these features. What specific improvements do you recommend? The ability to create these features but allow them to be ‘rogue’ unless later specified otherwise? Or Perhaps a roadmap implementation in the GUI that would guide you through in order rather than clicking one item to discover that you need to do something else first?

Can we think outside of the cpanel?

The recommandation was this:

It should list all the sub accounts without going to reseller account to see and manage FTP Manager, Certificates, it should list all resellers and their domains (with directory tree)!, same goes for MYSQL Management, Domain Pointers, DNS Management etc.

Clarification and solution:
It should look like a directory tree like you have in windows explorer.

So, when admin is logged in and want to:

1. View/Manage all the files in FTP file manager, then he can access to the domains directory /home/ with all resellers and their users.

2. View/Manage all the databases in MySql Manager, then he can see all the resellers and their respective users (databases & users). It should be dynamic table, where first there is da user and below is the database and its database users
-----------------------
+ first_user
__+ some_db1
____+ some_db_user1
____+ some_db_user2
__+ some_db2
__+ some_db3
-----------------------
+ second_user
__+ some_db1
____+ some_db_user1
____+ some_db_user2
__+ some_db2
__+ some_db3
-----------------------

3. Same method goes for all the other nodes -> the domains, pointers, dns management

4. Manage Certificates: same way it should have the table tree listing with user and it's certificate
cert name, active/expired/valid until, in the end of the table actions should have menu to redirect to manage the certificate)

5. There are dozen more ways to make life easier for admin ux.

6. Some GUI guides are necessary where others don't matter much.

Last edited:
Can we think outside of the cpanel?

The recommandation was this:

Clarification and solution:
It should look like a directory tree like you have in windows explorer.

So, when admin is logged in and want to:

1. View/Manage all the files in FTP file manager, then he can access to the domains directory /home/ with all resellers and their users.

2. View/Manage all the databases in MySql Manager, then he can see all the resellers and their respective users (databases & users). It should be dynamic table, where first there is da user and below is the database and its database users
-----------------------
+ first_user
__+ some_db1
____+ some_db_user1
____+ some_db_user2
__+ some_db2
__+ some_db3
-----------------------
+ second_user
__+ some_db1
____+ some_db_user1
____+ some_db_user2
__+ some_db2
__+ some_db3
-----------------------

3. Same method goes for all the other nodes -> the domains, pointers, dns management

4. Manage Certificates: same way it should have the table tree listing with user and it's certificate
cert name, active/expired/valid until, in the end of the table actions should have menu to redirect to manage the certificate)

5. There are dozen more ways to make life easier for admin ux.

6. Some GUI guides are necessary where others don't matter much.

+1 to manage users FTP, Certificate directly from Admin area instead of Login As.

Back