How to do backup without lost older backups

ARSSE

Verified User
Hello.
Please help me.
I use Admin>admin/transfer backup and by cron set to everyday backup locally.
I see for each user only one backup exist! but several days cron backup has worked.
I do not want backup overwrite on old files.
I want for each day backup files exist:

user1.backup.20191005.tar.gz
user1.backup.20191006.tar.gz
user1.backup.20191007.tar.gz
user1.backup.20191008.tar.gz
user1.backup.20191009.tar.gz

Hi,
you can do this but in little different way:
when you create a backup schedule you have the option "Append"
You can select "day of week" so in this way you can have 7 folders, one per day. In every folder you can see the backup of this specific day.
If you want more available backups you can select "Full date". Remember to create a cron to automatically remove the old backups and keep just the backups of the last X days.

Hi,
you can do this but in little different way:
when you create a backup schedule you have the option "Append"
You can select "day of week" so in this way you can have 7 folders, one per day. In every folder you can see the backup of this specific day.
If you want more available backups you can select "Full date". Remember to create a cron to automatically remove the old backups and keep just the backups of the last X days.

Thanks.
"APPEND" is not automatic? Must I everyday login to admin panel and create backup?

Thanks.
"APPEND" is not automatic? Must I everyday login to admin panel and create backup?

it is automatic and they just show you the current day. During the setup of the backup schedule you can have option to select the day and time of the backup. Just select here daily backups, in the time you want and then in Append select your choice. Test it for one day and you can see that work fine

Back