Pre setup DA iso ?

spacecabbie

Verified User
Hello,

I have always used hoster but now i have started to run my own vps.

I could go and setup DA and tweak it etc. But i like to simulate a hoster setup.
I was wondering is there a iso or pre configuration script that setup the server complete as possible? Paid or Free
Install the multiple php versions and mysql python selectors cagefs mod selectors. And configures to most commonly used hosting settings.]
I know about the

I know every hoster is different i am just looking for the most common default used and settings so i can take it from there and change what i need.

Also i know i am new but i could really do without all the: It's easy to do yourself / or stay with a hoster / and any other opinions.
Not being arrogant just looking for an solution and not alternative.

Thanks !

It looks like you can actually do a lot of this using some bash scripts and copy over your directadmin options file and restart da and you have a pretty insync system.

Hello,

Install a VM, set it up to fit your needs and create an image from it. I've never seen public images with a pre-installed DirectAdmin.

OH god..... It wasn't a nightmare i actually asked this here. Crap.
Wel yea what i wanted was basically a ready made ISO completely with setup packages plugins ready to add customers.

After spending couple of weeks configuring my server I realize how utterly stupid it was to ask this. Forgive me.

OH god..... It wasn't a nightmare i actually asked this here. Crap.
Wel yea what i wanted was basically a ready made ISO completely with setup packages plugins ready to add customers.

After spending couple of weeks configuring my server I realize how utterly stupid it was to ask this. Forgive me.

Please maybe also a forum search could help. ( ik begrijp wat je bedoeld het is namelijk veel zoekwerk en hangt echt van de host omgeving en OS af, waar men liever of zelf licentie per maand aan jou wil verhuren met betaalde support, al het andere geeft men niet zomaar weg, er zijn wat howto's voor installatie's op het web, ik heb er voor mijn situatie meerdere moeten gebruiken om e.a. steeds weer zo te krijgen als ik het wil, en dat is bij veel hosters not supported dus ook niet met een support SLA overeenkomst, o.a. die lan setup DA enz enz. daarom zie link hieronder mijn vraag voor als ik weer eens klaar ben en tevreden met nieuwe setup centos8 instance)

As this reply could be handy for you i guess https://forum.directadmin.com/threa...info-old-links-not-working.59492/#post-304400

( oyea dislectic and worse me to. ;) )

Last edited:
Please maybe also a forum search could help. ( ik begrijp wat je bedoeld het is namelijk veel zoekwerk en hangt echt van de host omgeving en OS af, waar men liever of zelf licentie per maand aan jou wil verhuren met betaalde support, al het andere geeft men niet zomaar weg, er zijn wat howto's voor installatie's op het web, ik heb er voor mijn situatie meerdere moeten gebruiken om e.a. steeds weer zo te krijgen als ik het wil, en dat is bij veel hosters not supported dus ook niet met een support SLA overeenkomst, o.a. die lan setup DA enz enz. daarom zie link hieronder mijn vraag voor als ik weer eens klaar ben en tevreden met nieuwe setup centos8 instance)

As this reply could be handy for you i guess https://forum.directadmin.com/threa...info-old-links-not-working.59492/#post-304400

( oyea dislectic and worse me to. ;) )
Responding in English if thats ok i am not sure about rules here yet.

Yea I have a habit of underestimating my abilities and give up. DA i thought could take care of everything klik few buttons tada.! Mostly true but it requires more. So I just committed and went for it. IT went quite ok since then. Ran into issues at the end and used poralix support to get those solved. In the end i solved it my self with help of them.(they do deliver good services for a reasonable price.) I need to learn when i run into issues i should zit down relax and analyze problem instead of running around in panic.
Also decided to help out by sharing what i learned. And to try to make some plugins to help out.

But in the end if any one finds this tread via search on the forum the conclusion is: Its not possible there is no basic template. Every one runs its differently the best you can do is setup basic system with DA and slowly extend it.

Centos8, I want to switch as wel but ran into some package's not supported yet decided to wait. DO let me know how it turns out please !

Back