CP Migration error 400 on a WP

silvatech

Verified User
Recently migrated from CP to DA. Overall it went pretty good. I have one WP that has a really odd error I cannot quite narrow down the reason.

The site when it was converted did have an error with the name of the DB.

WARNING! wp388 cannot be owned by (Username), renaming database user to (Username)_wp388
Trying to find files in public_html to rename wp388 to (Username)_wp388. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.

So at first I thought the site was fine you can goto the pages you can log in. The inventory shows up in woo commerce etc. For some reason if you click on any of the posts you get error 400.

has anyone else ran into the blog posts not working right after a migration?

Hoping someone already has ran into this. Thanks you for reading =).

Last edited:
OK solved the issue. Apparently from the migration permalinks (dashboard->settings->permalinks) are messed up. so went and set them to the default and then back to what they were. Fixed the issue.

I hope this helps someone else.

Yes, this is common issue with some CMS systems during migrations. It happens commonly with forums.

It is even more complex with Wordpress if you want to change the domain of the website. It not only hardcode it in the config file (exactly for the permalinks reason) but it also leaves it in tons of places in the database. So you migrate the website and you find missing images, missing downloads, etc. So you have to run a database query to search and replace the domain in almost all tables. It's a pain in the...

Back